“Third time...just as good”

The Greenbank Hotel
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We just couldn't resist another trip to the Greenbank having enjoyed the last 2 so much and I have to say it was as good as ever. The service was spot on as normal and the quality of food and drink really made our stay that bit more special. We ate breakfast in a different room to the restaurant but I have to say it was lovely with great views over the water and lots of space - and it was nice not eating in the same restaurant we had dinner. Tip: As we went out of main season this time we took a trip to the Maritime Museum - we are not really into boats but I have to say it was really worth visiting (ask reception at the Greenbank as they do a 10% discount voucher!)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Paul G, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

It's always pleasing, and a sign that we have the right approach, when our guests return frequently. I hope this will continue, and I am sure our friends at the Maritime Museaum will appreciate your tip. Thank you for your review.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed at Greenbank for one night and were extremely disappointed. The room (which was an upgrade) looked like a room in a Travelodge, the bed was uncomfortable, the bathroom in need of updating (and cleaning) and had a revolting stained loo seat. The food was indifferent, they charged £7.50 for a large bottle of fizzy water. Breakfast was in a very weird conference room rather than in the restaurant. We won't return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jojo S
Paul G, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Of course I have been very disappointed to read your comments, especially as it is so dissimilar to so many of our reviews. Cleanliness issues concern me the most, and if this was the case, I apologise to you. I am extremely proud of the high standards achieved by our housekeeping team here at the hotel on a constant basis and I'm sorry if you felt we fell short. Large bottles of Cornish Spring Water are charged at £2.80, I am unsure of where the confusion arose here.

Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

stayed on Friday 15th as a birthday treat.

second stay and as special as the first time. lovely room with sea view.

bottle of wine & a card from the team, nice touch!

love everything about this hotel & will be visiting again soon

• Stayed: March 2013

It's lovely to hear that decided to return, and that you chose to do it on a special occassion. You will always be most welcome here at The Greenbank.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We have just had a fantastic visit to this hotel where we stayed in the Master Suite.

Pluses -

Wonderful views. Good parking. Friendly Staff. Fabulous breakfast.

Minus -

This would probably only effect a few people - too much fish on the lunch and dinner menus. I'm allergic to all fish and so we didn't eat at the hotel. Found the Da Vinci italian restaurant just 5-minutes away by taxi was absolutely great though and I particularly enjoyed their pate and Fileto Dolcelatte with brandy. I realise that when hotels are near water that their menus have a high number of fish dishes but the menu offered very little else for my taste.

Not sure about the latest fad of the bath being in the bedroom. I love to bathe but I also like my privacy when I do so. If I had the light on to read then I couldn't see the view (it was night-time) and if the light was off then I could see the view but I couldn't read. Oh, dear what a dilemma!!

Funny -

Guests should be warned to keep valuables away from the coffee table when the French Doors are open. I just about managed to catch a VERY LARGE seagull on the table who flew out the doors with my husband's wallet in its beak. My shouting at it led to the wallet being dropped outside on the balcony. We would have been most bewildered as to what had happened to the wallet had I had been in another part of the suite and not seen the bird!! We had a jolly good laugh about it afterwards and it will give us a dinner-party story for the next few weeks!

We would certainly return again to this hotel and to this room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

A lovely, humorous review, thank you. We all enjoyed reading your story, all though I am not sure if we would be laughing if the wallet disappeared forever!
We are well known for our restaurant offerings of excellent, fresh, locally sourced seafood, I'm sorry that this did not suit your diet, although there are alternatives. The bath in the window was carefully thought about. For the benefit of future visitors, it has a curtain rail that surrounds it for total privacy, although the concept is that you can draw the curtain half way, and therefore enjoy the wonderful views across the estuary.
I really hope you will have the chance to return.

Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

We have dined at the Greenbank several times and each time the meal has been excellent, as has the service. The views across the Carrick Roads water to Flushing are delightful and add to the ambience. Nice crockery, nice cutlery and proper napkins all white linen to match the tablecloths. Excellent and recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your positive comments about our Lunch service, and as we move towards the spring months, there are some exciting new dishes being introduced, I hope you will have the chance to come back and sample them.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Absolutely superb. We had a 3 bed room. And it had 3 beds in it, not some foldaway thing. Superb breakfast, brilliant hotel. The room (124) is not on the harbour, it has the road outside but there is hardly any traffic and we were not disturbed. First time at this hotel - definitely not the last. Little bit of a walk into town over steep hills so not for the infirm.

Room Tip: Room 124 for three people.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much, your comments have delighted the team, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Once again; rooms very comfortable, amazing views and well laid out. In restaurant and bar the food is excellent, locally sourced wherever possible (staff great, special mention to Matt the manager, look after him, he is GOOD!).

Back in five weeks and looking forward to it.

Mark

ps if slow roast pork and scallops on menu, do it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

A great tip, and a lovely recommendation. I am lucky to have an excellent Bar Manager and an excellent Restaurant Manager, both called Matt- so understandably, they are both claiming your high praise which has been entertaining.
We'll welcome you back in a few weeks time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Oceanic Hotel
Merchants Manor
#13 of 24 in Falmouth
18 mi away
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to The Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!