“Best hotel in the area.”

The Greenbank Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Best hotel in the area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

stunning sea view room, bar and lounge hard to leave! Young barman Tom extremely good, polite, helpful with sightseeing advice and knows his job well. Likewise Natalie in the restaurant. All other staff are just as friendly.I have recommended The Greenbank and we will definately be coming back again.

• Stayed April 2014
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear GreatAuntyB

I am so pleased to read your lovely comments on our team, and delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company at the hotel again before too long.

Kind regards and my personal thanks again.

Ben Young

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

A lovely hotel with fantastic views. Only a quick business visit but still thoroughly enjoyable. Be sure to see Tom behind the bar, very friendly and helpful. Try some of the Cornish beer, it's delicious.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jaime G G

Many thanks for your positive feedback, I shall be sure to personally give Tom a well done!

I completely agree on the quality of our local beers, truly it is second to none.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company again in the near future - if you make yourself known to me, I would like to get you a beer on the house (any excuse!).

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Stay in the Greenbank each time we come to Cornwall to visit family. Always a very pleasant experience. Very warm welcome, sea view renovated rooms are lovely, well worth the upgrade. Lucy on the Bar is always very friendly and Matt the Restaurant Manager is extremely helpful, nothing is ever too much trouble. Always look forward to returning.

• Stayed January 2014
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Craigmaddock

Many thanks for this lovely review, I am delighted that you enjoy your stays with us, and I will enjoy discussing your feedback with the team - especially Lucy and Matt!

I do hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here for a weekend of Scuba Diving as it was one of the best deals I found over the April bank holiday. I had a single room with breakfast included.

Parking was a bit of an issue as there isn;t enough outside the hotel for all guests but you cn park along the road fairly easily although it was busy.

The location is a short walk into falmouth and has a very ncie view over the harbour.

The room was tidy, clean and well kept. The bed was cofortable and I had tea and coffee facilities. One thing that would have been nice would have been a fridge in the room.

Breakfast consisted of a continental buffet with hot food available from the menu. I had poached eggs on toast one day and a full english the other. Both were well cooked and made a good breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a sea view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ChrisHeels
Dear ChrisHeels

Thank you for your review of the Greenbank Hotel, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am grateful for all your comments.

As you will see on other responses, I am taking steps to increase guest parking capacity, or at the very least improving the signage!

I do hope you will revisit us again in the future.

Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed recently at this hotel. Nothing too much trouble for the staff. Breakfast was great. And the views were stunning from room and bar.
Staff in the bar were exceptionally friendly and made us feel very welcomed and relaxed. The bar manager made us some amazing cocktails. Highly recommended!
Will definitely return and maybe try the restaurant next time as their menu looked great. Parking not an issue at all with plenty of space on the jetty.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Bennymann

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel; the team do strive hard to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of all our guests and it is rewarding and motivating for us all to read such a lovely review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the future.

U.K.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Had heard good things about this hotel. Shame on my two day visit that the hotel was of poor quality. For £100 a night I expect much higher standards than this hotel provided. Rooms are dated and old but do provide a lot of space and features. Very very little parking though. So expect to have to park on the street, not ideal and at £100 a night the least I expect is a guranteed parking space. Didn't get a chance to try the breakfast or the restaurant so can't comment on these.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 02coled
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear 02coled

Thank you for your review.

I am very saddened that you felt the room provided was dated; with the vast majority of our bedrooms updated very recently, we generally do receive predominantly positive feedback, however there are 1 or 2 exceptions and I presume that you were allocated one of these rooms. I also presume you didn't advise reception of your dissatisfaction? otherwise I am certain that you would have been moved.

With regards to parking, it is frustrating that you were unable to find a suitable space, especially as we have more than enough parking available! In my 4 weeks at the hotel I have personally stopped all staff from parking on the guest car parks (likewise non residents) and I have ordered signage to direct our guests to 1 of our 4 available car parking areas; these include on the quay itself, as well as an extensive underground car park.

With 62 physical spaces for a 60 bedroom hotel, we really do have enough parking - we just need to manage it better and I am on to this - my apologies that it wasn't already dealt with when you visited.

I would be very pleased to hear from you directly about your comments in order that I can avoid any similar future disappointment for our guests, I would be very grateful for an email to ben.young@greenbank-hotel.co.uk if you wouldn't mind.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hearing from you.

Warminster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I recently stayed at The Greenbank for two nights while working away in Falmou th. My partner joined me as she wasn't busy and on arrival we checked in then shared a "Greenbank" afternoon tea. Personally I didn't think it lived up to the description or cost! The scones were lovely but only 1 small pot of cream and 1 small pot of jam for 4 scones was poor as was the 4 cake bites.....

The room was huge! We were put into room 19 which had a stunning panoramic view of the harbour that made us both go wow! Very clean tho a bit tired looking in places. The bathroom was also large but with bad points like the taps missing the ceramic centres and having a glass shelf too close to them.
The room also had a second bedroom with a set of bunk beds.
The bed itself was very comfortable and we both slept very well.
Breakfast was very tasty on both days and for my sweet tooth the breakfast muffins were the stars! :-)

We didn't eat in the hotel in the evening as we had already seen a couple of local restaurants we liked the look of, so can't comment on the hotel restaurant other than it seemed pricey!

We both agreed we loved the views from the room and the hotel location but weren't convinced that we would pay the hotel's prices to return there. I think the hotel needs to spend some money bringing the hotel and room quality up to the standard to justify their rates.

• Stayed April 2014
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear KevinC_2013

Thank you for taking the time to post this review, I am very grateful for your feedback.

It is disappointing to learn that we appeared to be short changing you with regards to portions for your cream tea - I can assure you that this is not our intention! We do get sad when great local produce gets thrown in the bin and as a Gold Tourism awarded green hotel, we do take our food waste management seriously. Please be assured that you could have had as much clotted cream and jam as you liked, I am sorry if this was not made clear to you at the time (as my Mum used to say: you can always add, but you can't take away)..

I have recently arrived at the hotel and have instigated a thorough maintenance reporting and checking process which should avert any shortfalls within all the bedrooms - I am sorry to learn that on this occasion your bathroom could have been maintained to a higher standard.

On your final point, as of Wednesday 14th May we are introducing an individually priced menu, as opposed to a 'set' 4 course meal and naturally this will mean that the cost of a meal is far reduced. With main courses from £9 but still featuring two AA rosette award winning local produce, I am sure it will cater for most budgets.

I am pleased that overall you still had an enjoyable stay, if ever you would consider a return visit please contact me directly so I can personally ensure your stay is entirely enjoyable.

Thank you again for your review.

Ben Young
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Oceanic Hotel
The Falmouth Hotel
#9 of 24 in Falmouth
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,060 reviews
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to The Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!