“Absolutely lovely xx”

The Greenbank Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth

Love this hotel xx
All the staff are great, friendly and just lovely
Stunning views
Great choice of food
My daughter held her wedding reception here 5 years ago, PERFECT
Can't wait to visit again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear AvonTraceyx

I am so pleased to read of your experiences of the Greenbank. We work hard to deliver and I am delighted that this is appreciated by such a loyal guest!

We look forward to welcoming you back in near the future, thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked this hotel on recommendations from Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. The staff cannot do enough for you and nothing was too much trouble. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Quite expensive for Bed and Breakfast, but have to say was worth the money as the view from our room was stunning.

Room Tip: Room facing harbour - lovely views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea W
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Andrea W

I am so pleased to read your feedback after your stay with us, thank you so much for sharing it.

I do hope you will consider revisiting us again in the future - do let me know personally if you intend to rejoin us so I can personally attend to your booking.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The most beautiful hotel, with the most breathtaking views across Falmouth harbour, Wonderful staff and food. Immaculate and certainly a place to return to. Magnificent. The food was amazing and affordable, and the staff were lovely, couldn't do enough for us. Its just a short walk along the beautiful waterfront terrace to the town and all the shops, restaurants and bars. There are some fantastic places to eat in the town of Falmouth and plenty of bars to choose from.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room, its too good to miss!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Mykiemoo

Thank you so much for sharing this lovely feedback with us. I am particularly pleased by your comments on the food, even a 2 rosette, 4 star hotel must offer value for money.

Our location is just stunning, and also quite distracting (I speak from experience!) the staff and food have to perform well in order to compete!

I do hope we shall be able to welcome you back again before too long.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at the Greenbank Hotel on and off for the last two years. I come down to Falmouth at least once a month with work and this hotel is where I tend to stay.

First of all I would like to say thank you for making my stays here so easy and staff friendly. The lady on the reception recognises me when I check in and is full of chat to make me feel welcome.

Rooms are great and full of feature. Comfortable beds and a good breakfast in the morning. Great to see the issue with parking has been resolved although I never realised there was underground parking as well.

I have always eaten out in the restaurants in Falmouth though as when I have looked at the menu it strikes me as being a bit pricey for what you can get in the town centre.

The only other thing is to see if you do any sort of loyalty scheme for frequent stayers at the hotel as I'm down once a month with work and tend to look out for hotels / accommodation on a deal.

I will be back however.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear RahulDass

Thank you so much for providing this lovely feedback, I am so pleased to hear that you've been enjoying your stays with us over the last couple of years and I hope that you will continue to do so for many more years to come!

Since your last stay, and based on guest feedback, we have amended our menus in order for guests to have a far wider selection of items available, and in turn a broader range of prices are now available.

We do have actually run a loyalty scheme, which you should have received details of when you departed. If you would email me personally, I would be delighted to send these details through to you, and to back date any credits in your favour.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

ben.young@greenbank-hotel.co.uk

Reviewed 28 May 2014

You cannot beat this location....5 minutes to the boats and town centre. 25 minutes to coastal path and the castle that King Henry the 7th built to protect the harbour. The rooms with the river view are to die for....we had a sitting room with tv and views of the harbour, bedroom area with view of the river and patio and soaking tub with windows and view of the harbour. It was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.....its worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 66travelor

I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay - thank you so much for sharing this feedback with us.

I must concur - when the hotel was built by our forefathers in 1640, they certainly chose the very best location in Town (even before there was a Town!)

I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I arranged a dinner for colleagues in this hotel and from start to finish the event was a huge success. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff (special mentions to Matt G, Sam J, Phil H, Tom H and Sophie C).

The restaurant's setting is stunning, with gorgeous views from the huge picture windows. The Greenbank is already a firm favourite for our events and this evening confirmed its place as such.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear SnakeCharm

Thank you so much for providing this lovely feedback, your group are our pleasure to look after, and we look forward to doing so again in the near future.

I have personally thanked all of the staff you mention - they really do a great job and I delighted that this is both recognised and appreciated.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Beautiful view of the harbour from the room. But for £205 I didn't expect a damp patch over the window or a luke-warm breakfast. The breakfast menu stated that toast was to be ordered but we ended up having to do our own on a buffet style conveyor belt job that either underdone or burnt the toast. I asked if Eggs Benedict could be provided (it wasn't on the menu) - a luke-warm cooked breakfast arrived with no feedback about my request for an alternative. So I walked into town feeling a little bit cheated.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moley1209

Dear Moley1209

Thank you for your review.

I am so sorry that your experience was not a more typical one. in the few weeks that I have been here, it is the flexible nature of our staff that has impressed me most so I am particularly surprised and perturbed to hear of your experience.

The damp in your room was caused by recent storm damage and I am sorry that this was not right for you at the time, however it was put right the very next day.

We have introduced the conveyor toaster to assist our guests and this was based on feedback received. Following on from your comments, however, I have restricted the possible user adjustments to avoid toast that is either bread, or carbon!

I do hope you may consider a future stay, in order that I can demonstrate our ever improving and evolving guest experience at the Greenbank Hotel.

Thank you again for your review.

Ben Young

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Oceanic Hotel
The Alverton
#1 of 4 in Truro
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa

Been to The Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!