“great hotel , food , views and especially the bar”

The Greenbank Hotel
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Falmouth
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“great hotel , food , views and especially the bar”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Second visit , really nice hotel great sea view from our room , just a flying visit this time . Attended a charity do , the food was excellent we went into the cocktail bar and stayed there till the early hours with very patient staff . Will go back soon many thanks

Room Tip: harbour view is a must for only a little more
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear dkwilli

Thank you for your positive comments which are very gratefully received.

Do let me know when you are planning a revisit - it would be great to be able to meet and discuss the hotel with you first hand.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

My personal thanks again.

Ben Young

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have stayed at the Greenbank many times and always found it to be a most relaxing hotel with wonderful views. We have just returned from our most recent visit rather disappointed. We stayed in room 121 where the bed was so small and squeeky it kept us up all night, and the walls are very thin in the bathroom you can here the adjoining room guests clearly. Great hotel though, but try and avoid room 121

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear LINDA B

Thank you for your comments, following your most recent stay - I am pleased that, despite the room problems you still view us as a great place to stay!

I know you phoned Nicola when you got home to let her know your thoughts on the room - I only wish we had known at the time so we could have fixed this for you immediately.

121 is not a room I have stayed in, but I will ensure that it is next on my list. Peace and quiet are prerequisites to a comfortable and relaxed hotel stay and should be taken for granted.

Please rest assured that if I do find issues, that I will take steps to rectify them.

Whenever you are considering a future stay, please let me know so I can personally ensure your total comfort.

Thank you again for your feedback, is is much appreciated.

Falmouth, Cornwall
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stunning views, delicious coffee (with amazing home-made Biscotti!) and super friendly bar staff. I was made to feel really welcome even though I wasn't staying there. It was a perfect place for a relaxed business meeting and I will definitely be coming back again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear AmyLambert

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased you had an enjoyable and successful coffee fueled business meeting!

With free fast WiFi, all day food, and plenty of quiet 'snug' areas, the only distraction is the view!

I do hope you will rejoin us again soon.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Second stay here this year and first good impressions strongly reinforced by a good team performance from all staff. They willingly booked a local restaurant for me (despite having their own excellent restaurant) plus a taxi, then when I fell ill an hour later they cancelled both and hooked me up to local medical services. Throughout my two day stay the Duty manager Matt continued to enquire about my health.
The excellent view of the harbour (book odd-number rooms for the view), the close parking, first class restaurant service and the friendliness of the staff more than compensated for the noise of a party. Beware a series of 8 or 9 fire doors from reception to rooms 125 and 127, difficult when carrying two bags, but this is an old comfortable building of character. Strongly recommend.

Room Tip: odd numbers overlook the harbour
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John M
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear John M

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us.

I am delighted to read of your experience at the Greenbank, and the fact that you would strongly recommend us is greatly rewarding to hear! I will enjoy discussing your comments with the team at this weeks Head of Department meeting.

Matt is sincere in his hospitality, i.e. he means what he says and he doesn't just act - it is this attitude that cannot really be taught and I am pleased that so many in the team here possess it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not-too-distant future.

My thanks again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The most tasty fish and chips I've had in years, I live in Falmouth and decided to pop in with my wife for some fish and chips, they were amazing. The bar area has such a relaxed feeling at night, and the staff are always helpful and friendly. Before we knew it and a few amazing cocktails later it was midnight and time to leave. I love that you can casually pop in for a bite to eat and end up having an amazing unplanned night, that's the Greenbank!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JacobCollins
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear JacobCollins

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company again in the near future.

Next time you're around, do ask for me - it would be great to meet up for a general Greenbank / Falmouth type chat!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just returned from a thoroughly good four night break at the Greenbank. The hotel has a solid, reliable feel to it. Views over the river from the restaurant and terrace were wonderful. Restaurant and bar menus have improved and now have gluten free options marked, which is really helpful. Bedroom and bathroom were clean and well presented with nice toiletries and good quality, fresh towels each day. The bar/lounge areas had a good selection of newspapers and magazines that positively encouraged you to linger in comfortable chesterfields sofas. Overall well worth its 4 star rating.

A special mention to Matt G, Sophie, Tom and Phil [bar] who ensured that their service exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: Choose river-facing rooms for the fantastic views and sunrise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jaynem_rowlands
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear jaynem_rowlands

I am so pleased to hear your comments, really lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much.

I will pass your feedback to all the team, and hope you will be back to see us again soon!

Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We live in West Penwith and have visited the Greenbank previously for a drink and something to eat on their lovely terrace.We normally stay at the St Michael Hotel when visiting Falmouth but we decided to stay at the Greenbank on this occasion as we wanted to enjoy Jazz on the Quay in St Mawes and Custom House Quay for the ferry is close to the Greenbank.
The staff in the bar and restaurant are excellent and we felt very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Very laid back but efficient, just what you want in a good hotel.
Our room was an executive harbour view - OK , but the bathroom was very '80s' and we had to ask for it to be cleaned again as there were hairs in the bath, shower & toilet- not a nice welcome.The grouting around the shower also needed replacing.
The room was lovely and spacious and the view from the room was glorious.
We slept very well until someone set off the fire alarm at 7.10 am , 7.20am and again at 7.35.We were also in the room next to the Riverside suite and reception forgot to mention there was a Falmouth Business breakfast seminar taking place. So, once the fire alarm woke us we then heard all the business people greeting each other and generally having a good old time. Fine for them , but not so great if you wanted a relaxing lie in !
I know this doesn't sound too good, but the staff were really lovely and the location of the hotel is superb. They just need to update the rooms a little and perhaps think twice before putting non- business guests next to the suite when a breakfast seminar is taking place.
Overall we did enjoy our stay but I think we may stay at the St Michaels on our next visit to Falmouth.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room which has been refurbished this year. Harbour view fab.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear SandlP209011

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Firstly please accept my apologies that, for whatever reason, your bathroom was not serviced properly - this is most unusual as all rooms are checked daily by the Head of Housekeeping - I can only suggest that on this particular day their procedures failed. Please be assured that our usual standards are extremely high in this area, indeed our Trip Advisor score is highest for cleanliness along with service and location.

The fire alarm going off was unfortunate, and this was made worse still by the disruption caused by an early morning breakfast meeting! I am dreadfully sorry that these things have conspired against you being able to have an enjoyable, restful and relaxing stay with us.

Your comments on the staff and the location are more like it and I am pleased that on these two areas, at least, we scored better.

Should you ever wish to consider a revisit, it would be great if you would contact me so I can personally attend to the booking, it would be my absolute pleasure to welcome you back.

Thank you again for your review, and I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Ben Young
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Oceanic Hotel
The Falmouth Hotel
The Falmouth Hotel
#9 of 23 in Falmouth
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to The Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!