“Greenbank Hotel June 2014”

The Greenbank Hotel
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Falmouth
Shropshire
“Greenbank Hotel June 2014”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at the Greenbank Hotel for 5 nights in June 2014. The hotel is a mix of old and new construction and is located right at the waters edge overlooking the harbour.

Our room was very spacious, luxurious and spotlessly clean [picture attached] and had a stunning view [picture attached] - whatever the time or weather - over the water and all the boat related activity going on. A little bit of a route march from the main entrance - but the room and view made that worthwhile. If I had to be ultra critical then I would suggest a fridge would be an asset to occupants.

We dined at the hotel restaurant which has a panoramic view of Falmouth and the harbour. Food was excellent and beautifully presented. It would have been rude not to have patronised the well stocked bar which also offered special cocktail deals on a Friday night!.

All the hotel staff were cheery and professional and nothing seemed too much trouble. Not one member of staff passed us by during our stay without a greeting.

Not hotel related - but do look at the First Great Western special ticket offers - we went to St Ives for £8 each! No driving and no struggling to find a car park space in that lovely seaside town.

So, a great stay and many happy memories of Falmouth.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShropshireBearman
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear ShropshireBearman

I read your review with real pleasure, I am so pleased to hear that we provided such an enjoyable 4 day break for you both.

I am particularly cheered with your feedback in regard to the staff, despite such an beautiful property in such a fabulous location, our staff remain our best asset and I am delighted that this was noticeable to you during your stay!

I do hope you would consider a revisit, as you'll already know, our location is one of the most central for adventuring to all the different parts of our beautiful County.

Thank you again for your review.

Ben Young

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I attended Mr & Mrs Pellows wedding this Saturday the 14th of June, the venue was outstanding and I had an amazing time. I would highly recommend the hotel for future reference for family and friends looking for a good time!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank zoeywright
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear zoeywright

We were honoured and delighted to look after Mr and Mrs Pellow and their guests on the occasion of their Wedding Day. It was a beautiful day, and one which all the team enjoyed working on.

Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience, and I am really pleased that you all had such a great time!

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I have visited the Greenbank Hotel regularly for years on business, and plan to for many more, everything was satisfactory as always, but I just wanted to mention the two young women who were training in reception this week. They were both friendly, professional and I even overheard one of them go out her way to help another guest with his days plans and print off a leaflet. I hope to see them on my future visits.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Elcornwall

Thank you for your encouraging words regarding our two newest recruits - it is really gratifying to hear that our policy of recruiting for the right attitude first and foremost is noticeable to our guests, after just a couple of days!

I will personally thank both staff members and I know this will be very motivational, so thank you again.

I do hope we will see you again in the near future.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I've stayed in the Greenbank hotel for 5 nights as part of a business trip. The hospitality was truly outstanding! The staff did everything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms and the restaurant were excellent, and the stunning harbour view made the picture complete.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear JohnCa84

I am so grateful for your encouraging feedback, thank you so much for sharing this with us.

We do strive to meet or exceed all our guests expectations, and when we do, there is nothing better than us hearing about it!

I will enjoy sharing your feedback with all the team, and we do hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We and a number of friends had a wonderful evening at the hotel - drinks in the lounge and on the patio followed by a meal at the Riverbank Suite. Bit of a trek through the hotel to get to the function room, but well worth it as the room has fabulous views and we were rewarded with an excellent top quality meal served by very attentive and helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear ajevans_fal

I am so glad to read how much you enjoyed your evening with us.

We do view our local patronage as absolutely critical to our success and we aim to continuously improve what we do in order to reestablish ourselves as the default option for all functions of up to 130 guests.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of looking after you again in the future.

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Second visit , really nice hotel great sea view from our room , just a flying visit this time . Attended a charity do , the food was excellent we went into the cocktail bar and stayed there till the early hours with very patient staff . Will go back soon many thanks

Room Tip: harbour view is a must for only a little more
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear dkwilli

Thank you for your positive comments which are very gratefully received.

Do let me know when you are planning a revisit - it would be great to be able to meet and discuss the hotel with you first hand.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

My personal thanks again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have stayed at the Greenbank many times and always found it to be a most relaxing hotel with wonderful views. We have just returned from our most recent visit rather disappointed. We stayed in room 121 where the bed was so small and squeeky it kept us up all night, and the walls are very thin in the bathroom you can here the adjoining room guests clearly. Great hotel though, but try and avoid room 121

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear LINDA B

Thank you for your comments, following your most recent stay - I am pleased that, despite the room problems you still view us as a great place to stay!

I know you phoned Nicola when you got home to let her know your thoughts on the room - I only wish we had known at the time so we could have fixed this for you immediately.

121 is not a room I have stayed in, but I will ensure that it is next on my list. Peace and quiet are prerequisites to a comfortable and relaxed hotel stay and should be taken for granted.

Please rest assured that if I do find issues, that I will take steps to rectify them.

Whenever you are considering a future stay, please let me know so I can personally ensure your total comfort.

Thank you again for your feedback, is is much appreciated.

Ben Young
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Oceanic Hotel
The Falmouth Hotel
The Falmouth Hotel
#9 of 23 in Falmouth
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to The Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!