“best ever”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Falmouth
devon
“best ever”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

we stayed for 1 night for a wedding . fabulous room,clean and bright . downside was 1 opening window that could only be opened an inch or so due to having a cable on [to stop people jumping out? because if so they could just launch themselves from the window in the bathroom :) ] , thankfully we had a bathroom window that would open fully so slept with bathroom door open to get a nice breeze . best shower ever. fab breakfast . stayed for lunch which was lovely but the monkfish was quite bland [sorry to say] but everything else was amazing . take earplugs as the corridors were quite busy and noisy [i always take them for a great nights sleep just incase ] pay the extra for a harbour view,well worth it for a wonderful sight in the morning . also the room would benefit having a kingsize bed instead of a double but that was just a minor gripe

Room Tip: we were in room 121 , harbour views were stunning
1 Thank devonscrumpy
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear devonscrumpy

Thank you for your positive review, I am so pleased to read that you had a great time with us!

You've made some very useful observations and we discussed your feedback fully at our weekly management meeting, held yesterday. Some actions to improve have now been made, for example the Monkfish 'scampi' dish has been amended, following a tasting of several dishes in our meeting, which went down well with the team!

I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company some time again in the future when you will be able to enjoy the further improvements we're making each day.

Thank you again for your review.

Ben Young

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The view from our room was fabulous. However, having an elderly relative needing wheelchair access was an absolute nightmare! The hotel does have lifts, but stairs leading to the lift. This meant we had to lift the wheelchair to gain access to areas of the hotel.
Staff were helpful once they realised our predicament.
Food at the hotel was lovely and thoroughly enjoyed by all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, if you don't you end up being on the roadside, very noisey! Somethi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Linda P

Thank you or your review, I am pleased to read that our staff looked after you, also that you enjoyed our food and location.

It is, however, alarming to learn that your relative found it difficult to access the hotel and I do wonder if we were made aware of the need for an accessible room? we do have a selection of rooms that have no steps at all which clearly may have been better suited.

I do hope that you have not been put off a future revisit - as you'll have noticed, we do have the majority of public spaces readily accessible to wheelchair users, including the bar area, lounge and the end of the restaurant - all with magnificent water views.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We both needed a treat today after illnesses, so decided to have lunch overlooking the water at this lovely hotel..
From the moment I telephoned to enquire about disabled access, we were made to feel as though our visit really mattered. We were shown in, with wheelchair, via an access with a ramp and no steps, by a charming member of the staff, who kindly opened doors for us and directed us to the restaurant.
Marius looked after us throughout the meal and was more than helpful, assisting my husband to his chair and disposing of the wheelchair. Our meal was perfect. Mussels for my husband, who said they were the best he had tasted since we returned from living in France. For me an attractive plate of goat's cheese grilled with a delicious salad accompanied by a dressing for which I would steal the recipe. Yes, we followed with desserts that were excellent, and very good coffee.
This was a lunch that was one of those magical moments, sunshine, attentive staff, helpful people all around. (including the kind General Manager who reversed my car out for me.....)
We hope that the hotel might have a bedroom suitable for a disabled person so that we can slip away for a couple of nights to relax in the lovely atmosphere.
We shall certainly be back for lunch.

1 Thank Elizabethd
Dear Elizabethd

I am so delighted to read your feedback, following on from your visit to us last week.

It was our pleasure to look after you both, and I am relieved to have maneuvered your car successfully!

We hope you will be able to rejoin us again before long, thank you so much for your review.

Ryde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

What a lovely setting watching the boats go by from the bedroom the large bar area and the excellent food in the restaurant,I feel this hotel does need a little further upgrading as there are some issues with decorating etc,Staff are good car parking is a problem but overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Find parking space early
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank loftytoyota1234
Dear loftytoyota1234

Thank you for your valued feed back, I do appreciate your comments.

It's great to read that you enjoyed our food, location and staff and I do hope you will consider a revisit in the future. With regards to further upgrades at the hotel, we have a system of continuous improvement in place which provides rolling improvements in any weaker areas within the hotel fabric - happily any pressing areas have now been tackled.

I am delighted to report that our secure underground car park, in addition to parking patrols, is having the desired effect, namely to keep our 63 spaces freed up for our residents only.

I do hope to see you again, thank you for you review.

Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed two nights as part of a wedding party. The staff was very friendly and helpful in every way. The room was great, big, comfortable, well designed and with a perfect view of the marina (great big window). Plenty of space to put your clothes and bags, a work desk and free Wi-Fi in the room. The bathroom was good, very clean and plenty of space.
Breakfast was very good, with several choices for cooked food and also a small continental buffet, with good croissants and fresh fruit.
We also had a light lunch at the bar, which was really good and within price. On a relaxing atmosphere, a great view. The hotel also has a small garden by the marina which is a great idea for a bit of sun.
The down side, although it has private parking it was very very busy, the corridors are very narrow and have lots of small steps (making it very difficult to carry a big bag), the lift that may only take you half way (depending on your room or floor) is covered in carpet (the walls of the lift are carpet equal to the floor) which is awful for people with asthma and also very claustrophobic.

Room Tip: A room facing the marina, has a great view and less noise. On the other side they are facing the roa...
1 Thank CSNunes
Dear CSNunes

Thank you so much for this very useful feedback, I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would hope that our porter was on hand if you required him to assist you with baggage - that is why he's here! Likewise to assist you with car parking, although this will soon be resolved as we're switching over to patrolled parking - residents only!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We shall certainly be back for lunch.

1 Thank Elizabethd
Dear Elizabethd

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Simply one of the best experiences I ever had, working on hospitality I tend to be very critic as you might be able to see on my other reviews but The Greenbank Hotel has something that many others would dream to have: Soul, a part from the exceptional location and the charming building, this place offers all you can expect: excellent service, gorgeous restaurant and heavenly views. Go and found out yourself!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Palmatraveler
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Palmatraveler

I am delighted that you had such a good experience at the hotel and frankly I love to read such feedback, thank you for sharing it with us!

A great hotel often feels like it has a life of its own, and this is what feels like its 'soul' i.e. a character and heart of its own. Without being too poetic, the Greenbank has this and it is lovely to read that you felt it too.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to the hotel in the future, thank you again for your review.

Ben Young
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
The Oceanic Hotel
The Falmouth Hotel
The Falmouth Hotel
#10 of 23 in Falmouth
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa

Been to The Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!