The Greenbank Hotel
Budock Vean Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
US$314
US$192
US$172
US$186
1,323 results
All reviewsa harbour view roomgreen bankloose teaharbour sidemaster suitefalmouth harbourstunning viewswaters edgefunction roomlovely hotelsmall balconymain restaurantthe pubwedding partywedding receptionhigh standardlovely room
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I can't speak highly enough of this hotel, it was spotless, the staff cannot do enough to help you, the food is out of this world, I would point out individual staff but u can't because everyone is amazing.
The rooms are huge, spotless, modern but with a classic feel, we were in a harbour view room and it was just the best room we have ever stayed in!
Thank you to everyone working there you are all amazing and we will be back :-)

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Stu S
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Stu S

I am so grateful to you for your lovely feedback, I never tire of hearing from my guests, no matter what the feedback may be, although when it is as lovely as this I am especially delighted!

I look forward to welcoming you back, as we discussed, in the not-too-distant future....

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Super helpful and friendly staff, great views over the water and a really lovely room. I think mine had been recently renovated - had its own balcony overlooking the harbour.

Breakfast looking out over the water is a lovely experience as is dinner - the food really was excellent.

A good 'business' hotel wi a desk in the room and very good wifi.

Parking is a bit of a challenge and some rooms are a bit of a trek from reception. The hotel would get 5 stars from me if it had some form of gym. But small quibbles for an overall excellent experience.

I'll definitely be back to enjoy it again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard M
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Richard M

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you would revisit us again in the future.

I have quite recently taken on a day porter for the hotel, which alleviates some of the 'logistical' challenges created by our mixture of buildings which have evolved in to The Greenbank we know today..... over the course of some 400 years!

Likewise this week I have commenced patrolled parking, leaving spaces only for our guests - this has freed up several spaces which had previously been used by people visiting the shops!

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future, thank you so much again for your review.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed at Greenbank Hotel on the weekend of 27th June. As we were part of a larger wedding party we had an insight into many aspects of the hotel's operation. I have to say that they coped wonderfully with everything. All the food whether at the wedding reception or in other venues was really hot and well cooked. I would just say that when our breakfast was delivered to our room there was no cover over the food which left it open to the elements. The staff were very obliging and nothing was too much trouble. The paintwork in the very long and winding hallways needs refreshing but it must be difficult to keep it pristine as there are so many doors to go through from one end of the hotel to the other. The bedroom curtains also need to have black out linings as the beautiful sunrise woke us up before 5.30am each morning! All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ann S

Dear Ann S

Thank you for your positive and constructive feedback, it's great to hear first hand, that the team are delivering on the expectations of our guests in all the various aspects which you experienced.

I will be acting on your specific comments, e.g. purchasing 'closhes' for room service and also considering black out blinds in some rooms. I have added the various relevant items to the many action lists I have on the go!

We do hope you will revisit us, and thank you so much for recommending the hotel, I really cannot ask for more than that.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

we stayed for 1 night for a wedding . fabulous room,clean and bright . downside was 1 opening window that could only be opened an inch or so due to having a cable on [to stop people jumping out? because if so they could just launch themselves from the window in the bathroom :) ] , thankfully we had a bathroom window that would open fully so slept with bathroom door open to get a nice breeze . best shower ever. fab breakfast . stayed for lunch which was lovely but the monkfish was quite bland [sorry to say] but everything else was amazing . take earplugs as the corridors were quite busy and noisy [i always take them for a great nights sleep just incase ] pay the extra for a harbour view,well worth it for a wonderful sight in the morning . also the room would benefit having a kingsize bed instead of a double but that was just a minor gripe

Room Tip: we were in room 121 , harbour views were stunning
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank devonscrumpy
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear devonscrumpy

Thank you for your positive review, I am so pleased to read that you had a great time with us!

You've made some very useful observations and we discussed your feedback fully at our weekly management meeting, held yesterday. Some actions to improve have now been made, for example the Monkfish 'scampi' dish has been amended, following a tasting of several dishes in our meeting, which went down well with the team!

I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company some time again in the future when you will be able to enjoy the further improvements we're making each day.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The view from our room was fabulous. However, having an elderly relative needing wheelchair access was an absolute nightmare! The hotel does have lifts, but stairs leading to the lift. This meant we had to lift the wheelchair to gain access to areas of the hotel.
Staff were helpful once they realised our predicament.
Food at the hotel was lovely and thoroughly enjoyed by all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, if you don't you end up being on the roadside, very noisey! Something the hotel can do not do anything about is the seagulls!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Greenbank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Linda P

Thank you or your review, I am pleased to read that our staff looked after you, also that you enjoyed our food and location.

It is, however, alarming to learn that your relative found it difficult to access the hotel and I do wonder if we were made aware of the need for an accessible room? we do have a selection of rooms that have no steps at all which clearly may have been better suited.

I do hope that you have not been put off a future revisit - as you'll have noticed, we do have the majority of public spaces readily accessible to wheelchair users, including the bar area, lounge and the end of the restaurant - all with magnificent water views.

Thank you again for your review.