“Best Sunday Roast in Falmouth!!!”
Review of Marine Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Marine Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: FAMILY RUN BUSINESS- (in our 25th year!)THE RESTAURANT & FUNKY BAR LOUNGE OFFERS STUNNING SCENIC VIEWS ACROSS THE RIVER & COUNTRYSIDE.ONLY A SHORT DRIVE INTO TOWN, OR A PRETTY SCENIC 15 MINUTE STROLL.BALCONIES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE RESTAURANT.WE HAVE A LARGE TROPICAL FISH TANK AT THE ENTRANCE.MEDITERRANEAN - SEAFOOD - MEZE - TAPAS - ENGLISH - STEAKS - VEGGIE
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My Wife and I visited you on the off chance that the roast would be more palatable than the other roasts we've had eating out in Cornwall over the last few years. Firstly I would like to say that as someone who has worked with food in the past I was really impressed with every single item on my plate. The loin of beef was cooked perfectly, the veggie mash was buttery and well seasoned, the roasts were nearly as good as my wife's and the fresh Yorkshire pudding was great! It may seem I am over egging the pudding but after so many disappointing roasts we were so happy to get two lovely tasting, good sized roasts. Then we both had treacle tart. Beautiful sticky mess with great quality ice cream. We were honestly very very pleased with the whole experience. Quick service, polite, not fussy, just did the simple things excellently and great value as we had two roasts, two puddings, a good size glass of Rioja and a nice pint for just £30. To some this may seem a lot but it really was so delicious that we will be returning next Sunday!

1  Thank 7sunrisesaweek

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I were recommended to this place my my yachting friends. I didn't even know it was there. The welcome was warm and inviting. I love coming into a place with a buzz gently simmering in the background. I ordered the hake ( sublimely cooked) and the butter bean stew that accompanied it was superb, my wife had the sirloin, not many chef's I(I believe Donna was her name ) (as I subsequently ensured she had a drink when she came out to the bar) can serve a blue steak warm in the middle and cooked to perfection. the wine list was extensive and although we didn't have room for a dessert we will make sure we do on our next visit!!!!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have used this restaurant in both a business and private capacity...Always great food from a varied menu and the service compliments the food. Well worth a visit any time of the year.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

A warm welcome and an intimate atmosphere. Even the brandy snap baskets along with the ice cream were homemade. I will be returning when my waistline can take the richness.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Such a lovely place to eat! The staff are excellent and so welcoming! The roasts are amazing, best in falmouth! Would highly recommend this restaurant, great food with a great view. What more could you ask for?