“Always worth a visit”

Swanpool Beach Cafe
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Falmouth
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We don't visit the beach as part of our daytime routine but always pay a visit at once or twice per holiday.

The baguettes Re delicious and the novelty ice creams are an experience in themselves.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Reading some of the previous reviews think some people may be mistaking this for Gylly Beach Cafe. Swanpool Beach Cafe has no 'inside' but tables on a terrace on the beach under umbrellas. The wraps are excellent as are the cakes - particularly hooked on the brownies and flapjacks - but the real attraction of this cafe are the ice creams. Cornish ice cream with a variety of attachments - liquorice allsorts to name just one. I have never found service slow - but maybe thats down to what time of day it is - or the day - or the number of tourists on the beach. Whatever, I think this cafe is a great asset to Swanpool Beach and their hot chocolate is particularly welcomed when out with the dog in the winter. Dogs are allowed. Even though dogs are not allowed actually to run on the beach in the summer you can take the dog to the cafe and cross the beach from the road to the cliff path as this is part of the coastal path.

1  Thank Cornishkat
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The food is good, large portions and reasonable priced, but oh dear you do have to queue for a long time. I know they have to prepare the food and that takes time, but it takes forever to even order your food. There are two outlets, one for ice creams predominantly and the other for everything. Each service point is slow and this I find very frustrating.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Great food. But that's all. Maybe it's because I own a large dog or maybe it's just me but the incredibly well spoken folk who sat inside with families were given the appropriate service where I have not been once & even offered a drink wether I am with my child or family. I've had to stand awkwardly at the till to be served on every occasion. Maybe your staff should concentrate on serving local people when we visit?
Have to say I'm really disappointed & certainly will not be
recommending it.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I've eaten a lot of ice-cream in my time, but this place really takes the prize! The ice-cream itself is delicious but, when smothered all over by a very generous dollop of clotted cream and then smooshed all over with a topping of your choice, it's seriously good eating - they have a variety of sprinkles to choose from, from chocolate covered ginger, to smarties, to crystallised exotic fruit... Honestly, if you're passing then stop by and treat yourself to one of these behemoths of dairy goodness!!!