“Coffee delight”

Espressini
Ranked #1 of 11 Coffee & Tea in Falmouth
Price range: US$3 - US$35
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Just like our coffee, when we decided to open our kitchen, we set out to find the most incredible local, seasonal produce we could. Our search for suppliers began with tracking down the best free-range eggs from local grass-fed chickens we could find. Ever since then, we've been knocking on farm doors and creaking allotment gates to source more incredible local produce and create scrumptious dishes. The result is a fresh and changing menu with new twists on old classics covering breakfast, elevenses, lunch and even a spot of afternoon tea, or coffee of course if you prefer!
Reviewed 3 April 2014

A regular stop on my visits to falmouth either on my own with computer or book to hand or with friends. Relaxed, chilled atmosphere, but also slightly buzzy. Comfortable and eclectic decor but not too contrived. Of the food sampled, whatever I have chosen has been really tasty - both savouries and sweets. Most importantly the coffee is beautifully presented and is smooth and uniquely delicious in flavour, combined with perfect creamy steamed milk. Staff are friendly, easy going and skilled at making those wonderful coffees and willing for you to try a different sample. Crockery/cups etc are appealing in feel and look and well proportioned to hold. I look forward to my next visit.

2  Thank Juliet C

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Sadly we did not have the amazing experience that others have described. I was very keen to try this cafe out having read the stunning reviews and being keen to discover good coffee, and loving cafe culture. Our waitress my friend described as doleful and unfriendly. I had the feeling that we were not very welcome, were intruders even. I was excited to have arrived and chattered a little but she very obviously did not welcome my chatter, appearing disdainful - so I shut up! The coffee I had which was Ethiopian was not bad, but a little on the strong side for my taste though the chocolate brownie was good. My friend said his flat white was good. I had hoped to find newspapers, always part of the experience for me but was told that the cafe only took them on Sundays. There was only one other customer when we visited so the cafe did not have much of a vibe to it and the place appeared rather tired and neglected, though this might had something to do with our doleful unfriendly waitress/barrista. I don't think I will be tempted to visit again after our experience. There are after all other places that do good coffee (not least the Falmouth Hotel and Good Vibes)

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I've been meaning to visit this shop for a while, after reading the cosy coffee shop review. Before I arrived I thought I'd have a nosy in Picnic (So called independent cafe of the year) I ordered a flat white, it was awful I spat it out and left.

Next was Good Vibes Cafe. Oh Good Vibes Cafe.

After a good while of panic and frustration with google maps I finally found what I was looking for; I had stumbled upon the nest of Gods.

I was greeted by a well presented, jolly chap adorned in a coffee stained apron, reminiscent of a Victorian carpenter taken straight out of a period drama.

He introduced me to the blackboard behind him, hand written in a dandy typeface, a menu of the finest coffees blends available. What stood out to me was a brew bar special. The barista/Victorian craftsman/wizard informed me my coffee would be with me in due time.

I allowed myself to be engulfed by the environment. The shop was perfect, straight out of a Dickens novel. The most fantastic antique lighting illuminated a fine selection of sandwiches and cakes. The aroma of freshly roasted coffee beans from around the world, the perfect collection of vintage furniture. I had transcended into the land of angels.

My coffee arrived, and I was amazed. I sat for perhaps twenty minutes enjoying the scene, sipping my coffee. The splendour of this establishment was nothing short of magnificent.

After observing a few customers come and go, I decided my time was up. I collected my things, and went to pay. Perhaps a flat white would do me good for my travels back to the land of Plymouth. I was handed a 6oz cup, unbeknown to me. That cup held el melon; nectar of the gods it was not brought to the deities of the Pantheon by doves, but to me by the man behind the counter.

I took a sip. I stopped dead in my path, like a rabbit in the head lights. My entire life flashed before my eyes, the flavour that this six ounces of pure heroine was nothing short of a miracle. No longer would mortal blood flow through my veins, but Ichor. The flavour of cherry drops, bourbon vanilla beans, rhubarb and pure happiness danced on my tongue. Coupled sith a sensation of pure numbness.

After that moment everything became so much brighter, before I was blind and now I can see.

I have honestly never been so happy. Life will never be the same again. Thank you Espressini. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The barista knew his coffee and served the best cappuccino that we have experienced. The chocolate cake was also delicious. An interesting find in Falmouth well worth searching for, enjoy!

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Warm welcome, great decor, incredible coffee - made with care and skill. I'll be driving over from the N coast again without a doubt.

1  Thank TheWhinger