“One of the best steaks I have ever had”

The Ranch Steakhouse & Grill
Ranked #9 of 233 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: 28 day mature Cornish steak chargrilled on one of the largest flame grill units in the South West. Flame grilled burgers, slow braised ribs & smokey buffalo chicken wings. Vegetarian and fish option. Children's menu too. All in an intimate and friendly dining room.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

That was my wife's comment after eating her fillet steak. Granted, we had skipped lunch, and hunger is the best sauce, but it was from the heart, and not aimed at a subsequent review.
Don't come here if you want fish - this is a meat restaurant. We tried it on spec, and were very happy there - we'll probably go back for another meal later this week.
The menu is limited, but you expect that given the restaurant name. The quality of the ingredients is great, the cooking is lovely, and the resulting dishes vanished from our plates almost without us noticing. Wine is a matter of taste, but the Shiraz we had was too drinkable - we had to stop drinking to make sure we had some left for the meal! The strawberry sundae and chocolate sundaes finished the meal beautifully - I was scraping chocolate sauce out of my glass long after I had finished. All in all, a wonderful first meal for our holiday

Reviewed 12 July 2014

myself , my husband and our 3 kids went to the ranch steak house for something to eat , the waiter told us to seat at the table opposite the front door , however it was extremelly windy outside and the door was wide open , it was freezing cold and we had to keep our jackets on , we asked if the front door could be shut but were told they couldnt do that , because other people wouldnt be able to see that the restaurant is open if they shut the door , anyway that is not the main problem we ordered our steaks and about 5 minutes after making the order the same waiter told us we will have to hurry up to eat because he realised that the table we were at was already reserved and he made a mistake , once our steaks arrived the same waiter kept coming to our table reminding us we only had 15 minutes to eat , dont get me wrong the steak was amazing , the kids were so looking forward to have an ice cream , we hadto brake their little hearts by telling them they wont be able to get one because we have to go , i had my 3 and 4 years old in tears , we were looking forward to a nice familly meal and it got ruined because that waiter didnt check that our table was already booked .

1  Thank delphine c
T0b123, Manager at The Ranch Steakhouse & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We are extremely concerned after reading your review and request further contact from you immediately if you would be so kind.

We have a very small team of staff at The Ranch who all have the customers best interests at heart.

If someone wants the door closed then we will close it!

We are most certainly not in the business of hurrying customers through their meal!

I apologise in advance if we have done something wrong but none of our staff can recall this incident and so I cannot comment at this stage.

Please contact us either by phone or email so that we can have the chance to discuss your complaint in full.

I am sorry that I cannot reply to your review with any other information.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We visited the Ranch on their opening week - but I have only just got round to reviewing .
Very enjoyable and staff very friendly.
At the time no beers on draught but that could well have changed by now!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have probably eaten in just about every restaurant in Falmouth. The Ranch came heavily recommended by friends and I selected it for a family anniversary meal for just 8 people. My first effort to book during an early evening was met with an ansaphone message advising to leave contact details.. No follow up so I sent a reminder early next day. I have now been contacted to be informed that they only employ one chef, even on a Saturday night and thus my party was too large to be seated and served from 1930 on a Saturday night, but that I could book at 1800 or 2130, both totally impracticable and unsuitable. I can only guess that this restaurant is so popular that it does not need custom that may cause it inconvenience. There are plenty of other good restaurants elsewhere in Falmouth that seem more than happy with an 8 seat table. Come the out of season months, they may find it more difficult to find custom! I am very, very disappointed. Where is the 'can do' attitude one would expect from such a business?

1  Thank cornish_frogboy
T0b123, Owner at The Ranch Steakhouse & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for your comments and its great to hear that you had been recommended to visit our restaurant.

I am sorry that the times we had to offer were not suitable for you.

We have now been open for a year and have learnt a lot about what we can offer our customers and what they can expect from us.
One thing we've found is that due to the size of our kitchen, in peak season we physically cannot give the service we want to offer to larger group bookings. Unfortunately, last year from Easter to October we experienced a number of occasions where the service was affected with larger parties and so have put a policy in place to ensure we do not have a repeat of these incidences.

- The maximum table we will be able to accommodate is for 8 people. Bookings for 7 and 8 people we will be able to book in at 6pm or 9pm (Sunday – Thursday) and 6pm or 9.30pm (Friday - Saturday)
- We will be able to accommodate tables of up to 6 people anytime as normal.

We hope you understand the position we are in. Our customers are obviously our number one priority and this is the main reason we have had to make this decision.

We have nothing but a 'can do' attitude towards our business and it is certainly not a case of larger tables being an inconvenience, but a case of striving to provide the best customer service to everyone who dines with us every time. We have our customers’ best interests at heart and we are extremely grateful for all our guests and potential guests.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

After a great meal at The Shack we returned to the "sister" restaurant on the quayside, The Ranch. This for a complete contrast..a great steak.excellent again. Three steaks all cooked to our 3different likings.. Tender & tasty, good service, happy atmosphere