Review Highlights
Pinball wizard

Absolutely loved this place from the moment I heard the name till when we left, first sight is a... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
simonrobbo14
Surrey, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great idea to combine books with beer

On a Friday night this is a great place for a drink, buzzing, full of quirky nooks and crannies... read more

Reviewed 19 October 2018
LargelyMonk
Banstead, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews book shop pinball machines on tap great range of beers table tennis table book selection great pub nice mix of people bohemian atmosphere local drinks quirky bar mixed ages ping pong high street for sale rainy day bookshop
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Where else could you get good coffee at a very reasonable and have a tremendous range of books to buy (also at very reasonable prices)?

Date of experience: July 2014
1  Thank Angela S
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Artisan pub in attractive old building, serving cheap but good coffee and selling a great selection of books. Haven't even tried the beer, I'm afraid, but sure it's fine.They don't serve food but think
that you can bring your own and they now have plenty of seating outside should the weather be
fine.

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I visit my family in Falmouth every year, and new places to eat and drink often pop up. This one really caught my eye - a bookshop and a bar?!

Beerwolf is hidden away down a lovely side street, you walk up a wooden staircase to what looks like a traditional pub, with cask ales and a fireplace... And a bookshop.
The beer - our primary reason for visiting- was well kept and a good price. The atmosphere is relaxed. You can chat without having to raise your voice. The beauty of the bookshop is you can just collect a book and have a read through it while enjoying your drink!

For a chilled out experience I'd recommend a visit :)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

To be perfectly frank, they had me at 'Beerwolf'. But aside from the excellent name, they have a good selection of ales, a little bookshop with an unusual selection and some truly great bargains, and both indoor and outdoor seating. Most of all, the staff that I encountered were really kind, offering me free tasting samples without my even asking for them. If I lived in Falmouth, I'd return again and again.

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My friends and I regularly drink at Beerwolf. Tucked away just off the high st. the bar has a very nice layout and feel. The bookshop is lovely too.

Unfortunately I've an issue with [some of] the bar staff and their attitude to customers. Generally, they’re not great at serving customers in the correct order and they’re very slow.

But my main complaint is, as soon as last orders are served, staff march around grabbing empty glasses and making their presence known. Then they go for unfinished drinks whilst rudely and prematurely telling people to leave. On almost every visit to the bar, I’ve left at the end of the night feeling unnecessarily hassled.

How about calling last orders a few minutes early so that customers can enjoy their last drink in peace, even for 10-15 minutes? Other bars in Falmouth manage to do this!

Date of experience: April 2014