Falmouth Beach
US$153
Hotels.com
US$182
Great 4.5/5
Anacapri Guest House(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$83
Excellent 5/5
Meudon Hotel(Falmouth)
US$217
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Very friendly welcome! The room was really nice and clean! The breakfast was amazing anything and everything you could want! The staff always willing to help! Very close to the beach, lovely area lots to see and do! Town in walking distance!

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Well, I read all the reviews before we stayed last night 5 Jan with trepidation, but it was fantastic. Paul the Manager who was at reception on our arrival, checked us in early, we had a lovely room right up in the eaves with fantastic views. Now Paul made our stay extra special, nothing was too much trouble for him, everything I asked him, he just made everything seem effortless. The position is amazing, breakfast was spot on, I saw him at 7.30 coming in to cook it all fresh, he is a great "all rounder", and the management must be pleased to have him as their ambassador. The rooms and beds are really comfortable. They have a sun lounge which overlooks the beach, there is ample car parking. You can dine at the St Michael Hotel if you wish, which looked lovely. There is nothing not to enjoy, I don't know what the previous reviews are complaining about.

We will be back, special thanks to Paul for all his help and attention, much appreciated.

Lili Blight

Room Tip: Walk the coast into town, superb!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blightlili
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I;ve just spent 3 days on a Power boating Course in Falmouth and decided to try the Falmouth Beach Hotel which burnt down a couple of years ago. I couldn't believe it when I was told the price would be £25 for bed and breakfast, I thought maybe they had refurbished the hotel in not a very good manner, how wrong could I be? It's a fantastic hotel with excellent breakfasts and the most friendly staff. I found I could use the sister Hotel's facilities of the spa for a small fee and the bar and restaurant. All in all I had a great 3 days boating and 4 nights in an excellent hotel. As Arnie said once....I WILL BE BACK !!

Room Tip: I had room 102 which has a double bed bathroom with bath and shower over.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank immainfeld40
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I was disappointed not to be able to stay in the neighbouring St Micheal Hotel & Spa as it was fully booled, but as the Falmouth Beach is owned/run by the same people, I decided to stay there instead. The website showed promise. Its nice and friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable. We were in room 305 - top floor in the eaves, the lovely view made up for the tired decor and the sloping ceiling. Not sure if the top floor was fully occupied - but it seemed to better insulated against sound that the rooms we've had at St Michaels, but otherwise not as good. The in room amenities are adequate but not as St Michaels (no herbal teas, hot chocolate or any biccies), the bathroom was a bit squashed. For breakfast we had bacon sandwiches, fruit yog, juice and coffee - all available via a buffet - not much in the way of fresh fruit (a couple of apples and some over ripe bananas) or anything cooked to order. There were other options - including cereals & instant porridge (really? its easy enough to cook from scratch and doesn't take much longer to cook, but is so much nice).

Would I stay there again? probably - worth it for the view. But although this is owned by the St Michael Hotel, it is a lower cost option.

Room Tip: sea view on the 3rd floor (but there are no lifts)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Not sure that what is left of a larger hotel, post fire, is a hotel or just a poor person's annexe to the nearby, much smarter St Michaels Hotel. A largely deserted set of rooms, with the poor breakfast bussed over from the main building. No life, cold public areas and no atmosphere at all. Not sure why the owners don't decide whether this is a separate hotel in its own right and treat it as such, or just use it as an annexe, with all facilities, including reception and restaurant facilities provided at the sister hotel. It falls some way between the two - took us 10 minutes to find the proper entrance, and then had to ring for someone to come over from the sister hotel to book us in. Felt like second class guests in a deserted building.

Room Tip: Stay at the sister hotel!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple