“Fantastic Wedding Venue!”
Review of The Falmouth Hotel

The Falmouth Hotel
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Recently held my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception at the hotel. Can't praise the staff and organisation highly enough. The views are amazing, the rooms clean and spacious and the staff ensure guests are made to feel very welcome. The events staff were so efficient and helpful all our guests were very impressed. The food was beautifully presented and timed to perfection. This hotel made an amazing wedding venue.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Falmouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear Janet B

Thank you so much for your review, I am delighted that your Daughters Wedding Day with us was such a great success!

I will enjoy discussing your feedback with the team and do please pass on our best wishes to your Daughter and your Son-in-law.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Richardson Hotels

Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed 9 June 2012

A great wedding weekend shared by all friends and family. The Falmouth offered something for everyone - with hotel or 'cheaper' self catering options available. Some areas of the hotel have been done up recently - other public bars, hallways etc could do with some work to bring them 100% up to the standards expected - but generally, all was great. Food of a good standrad and price and the faciloties with the pool and gym etc make it a very pleasant place to stay with a mixed age group party. Noise on the very last morning from builders painting our bedroom windows at 8am (in self catering apartments) could have perhaps been better thought thru. Not ponly that, their language (swearing at loud volume) was not appreciated by the older guests in our party. However, accept this out of the control of the hotel but surely painting could be achieved between 10am and 4/5pm?? Just a thought.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Falmouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear helen1cowling

I am thrilled to read how succesful the weekend was, we all appreciate the importance of getting everything 'just right' for such a big occasion!

I would like to apologise that you were subjected to disturbance on your final morning, these contractors should not have been present so early in the morning, and clearly any bad language is entirely unacceptable. I will be speaking with the owner of the decorating company personally about this and I am glad that the works they were carrying out have since been completed.

Thank you for your review, should you ever wish to revisit it would be our pleasure to look after you again.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

After arriving fairly late, we were welcomed extremely well. Considering that we didn't even book, nothing was to much trouble.
The desk staff were fantastic and very approachable
I would definitely recommend a short break away.
Well done !

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Falmouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Paul T

It was our pleasure to accommodate you at The Falmouth Hotel and I really hope you may consider a revisit to us again in the future!

Reviewed 8 June 2012

The Falmouth Hotel is a lovely hotel, with lots of Victorian charm, in a fabulous setting on the seafront. Although a little tired in places it has a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere about it. The staff are incredibly courteous and nothing too much trouble for them. Our room ,which had a sea-view, was clean and comfortable, the only downside being the T.V. was not digital. My husband and I only stayed for a long week-end but would have liked to have stayed longer. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a sea-view room overlooking the bay, its quite interesting to watch the ships coming and goin...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Marilyn C

Thank you for your review, I am really pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay!
Our older TV's are nearly all replaced now, with those remaining due to be replaced within the next month or so.

I am delighted that you would recommend us and I really hope we will have the pleasure of your company again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

My first stay at The Falmouth Hotel has been a joy.

Without exception, the staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful whilst still maintaining a professional attitude and are a credit to the hotel.

My room was spacious, clean and kept in the highest order by the conscientious housekeepers.
The food I had was delicious along with their Full ‘Cornish’ Breakfast that reminds us that Cornwall has its own distinct culture and identity. I’m sure we can all agree with Malcolm Bell, Head of Cornish Tourism when he says:
“People are looking for honesty, authenticity and distinctiveness – and Cornwall is all about that.”

They say in Cornwall: “See ee all dreckly” and I too am hoping to taking monthly breaks at this very special hotel, one that truly reflects the welcoming Cornish motto of ‘Onen hag Oll’! (One and All)

‘Oll an gwella’ (All the best) to everyone who made my stay a ‘proper job’!

Roger

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Roger52186338
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Falmouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear Roger

Thank you for your review which I enjoyed reading as it lists the achievement of so many of our key objectives.

We are one of the great authentic Cornish Hotels, purpose built and opened in 1865 and we remain proud of our heritage, we will do all we can to remain distinctly true to our Cornish roots, as yes - that includes the breakfasts - Kernow rag nevra!

Reviewed 28 May 2012

For the past couple years we have been to the Falmouth Hotel for a scrummy delicious Sunday lunch.
It is a must for any occassion, superb x Absolute treat with location, friendly helpful staff and a good selcetion of food choice cooked and presented to perfection. Thank You until the next time.

Tracey Paffett

1  Thank AvonTraceyx
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Falmouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear AvonTraceyx

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoy our Traditional Sunday Lunches!

Next time you are in, please ask for me personally as it would be great to meet you.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

cost of room , one night ,£160 .
cost of "fitting" bathroom , £6 worth of spooned on mastic .

Room Tip: ask if bathroom fitted by someone over 4 yrs old

Dear paul v

I am pleased that you gave the service 5/5 and also scored us so highly on cleanliness and location, however, I would really like to know which of our 71 rooms and 28 self catering apartments had 'spooned on mastic'? as clearly this is a matter of great alarm.

It would be great if you could please let me know in order that I can see for myself and rectify as appropriate.

I have personally been in every room and I am surprised to have not noticed such a poor standard within any bathroom.

I look forward to hearing from you.