“Weather”

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Haverfordwest
“Weather”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

You could have ordered better weather but other than that I found the food good except for one evening when we were transferred to the ballroom; bar staff and afternoon tea superb - may I have a ham sandwich please!!! Peter and the staff in the dining room very friendly and all too willing to help me as I am partially disabled; reception staff excellent two young ladies both named Sue most helpful also the cleaner of room 220 a lovely young woman. Staff have been chosen well for their appearance and friendly nature and have been trained well. My fault that I didnt have a room with a walk in shower; will remember next time; just one x bathroom could have had an air freshner.

Room Tip: Pick a room overlooking the sea; a magnificent view on a sunny evening surely be quite romantic.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Valerie A
, General Manager at The Falmouth Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Valerie A

Thank you for your valued feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your praise to Peter, the 'Sues' and the Room Attendant!

I hope you will consider a revist at some time in the future, when I will do my best to conjur up some perfect weather for you.....

From us all, thank you again for your review.

Richardson Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

Came for a wedding at the nearby st.Michaels and just found the Falmouth to be lovely. Food, super, a simple burger was done wonderfully well! The room was well appointed and spacious also. Quiet and with a marvellous view and.spacious terrace and that was a side.room. Coffee in the beautiful lounge was delightful and the breakfast was just perfect. The health suite perhaps needs a spruce up, but the pool was clean and the hot tub was hot.and clean and just right after a morning swim. Gym well appointed also. The staff are lovely too, just very very helpful and made us feel very much at ease. Grand hotel, felt delightful. As I say, lovely.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank kevmanrok
, General Manager at The Falmouth Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear kevmanrok

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I am delighted how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

Should you ever wish to revisit us I am certain that you will notice even further improvements throughout, I do hope you will be come back and see us again in the future!

Bedford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed at The Falmouth Hotel for a week for our Golden Wedding 9th June. the Hotel is in a lovely position on the sea front with good veiws around the bay and within walking distance of town centre, and for visits to other Cornish places. We had a front bedroom overlooking the sea. It was large with a new bathroom and very clean. The food was very good and very well presented, and the dinning room staff very helpful and friendly as were all the staff. The hotel is being updated gradually bit by bit. However the hotel was very nice and we enjoyed our visit.
Marian. Bedford

Room Tip: Go for an updated room on the sea front
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarianBedford
, General Manager at The Falmouth Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear MarianBedford

I am so pleased you chose to stay with us for your Golden Wedding Anniversary, may I pass on my congratulations to you both.

It is pleasing that you noticed our continuous improvements; we are commited to sympathetically refurbishing, nurturing and generally looking after our grade 2 listed, 150 year old hotel - it is quite a responsibility!

I really hope you will consider revisting us again, perhaps for your next Anniversary.

With all best wishes to you both.
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed for two nights in June..Although the weather was rather iffy,we still had a great time. Views from the hotel are just stunning.,lots of boats going by. A short walk to the town,the beach just outside the door.The food was wonderfull (I am quite critical) .The staff vere extreamly helpfull & friendly the reception,waiting & bar staff were just excellent.We stayed at The Fowey Hotel after The Falmouth (same group).This too was a great hotel,but the staff not as good as at The Falmouth.
O.k there are a couple of things that could be tidied up.But it was a pleasure to stay at this lovely hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carol t
Ben_Young_RGM, General Manager at The Falmouth Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear carol t

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

If you would ever consider a revisit it would be our absolute pleasure to accommodate you again and you will certainly see many improvements throughout!

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

Arrived early evening with no accommodation booked in Falmouth to find a seas shanty singing festival happening. Marie at the falmouth very obligingly w as able to allocate a 2 bedroom appartment for the night. Spacious unit with large fluffy towels, tea and coffee etc. an allocated parking space, free wifi in hotel lounge area. Easy walking distance to main restaurant area. Stunning views

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Margo T

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I do hope you enjoyed the Sea Shantys!

Thank you for your review and I do hope you will consider revisiting Falmouth and The Falmouth Hotel again in the future.

Saratoga Springs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in June, 2012 as part of a mini family reunion. We had booked a total of 5 rooms amongst us and my wife and I actually stayed in two different rooms because the first room we had was unacceptable (more on that in a bit). Having seen several rooms I can say with confidence that the quality of your stay will be dependent upon the room in which you get. Two of our family members were given complimentary upgrades to rooms 211 and 312. These are large suites that have been recently renovated and have nice sea views. Our first room was 209 which has not been renovated. It smelled of a foul odor that made us gag whenever we entered the room, the linoleum floor in the bathroom was separated from the sub-floor so it bubbled up, the heated towel rack wasn't, the ethernet port in the room didn't work (wifi only works in the lounge on the main floor) and the room in general was not even close to the quality one would expect for £160 per night. Unfortunately, the hotel was full and there were no other rooms available so we had to stay in the room for the night and received a new room for the remainder of our visit. That room (#205) had been recently renovated. The bathroom was very well appointed with a separate bath tub and stand up shower with dual shower heads. The floor was nicely tiled and there was a working heated towel rack. While we were there we had a couple of days of very cold stormy weather with strong southerly winds blowing. Even in the renovated room, the windows were not sufficient to keep the wind out. The wind blew right up between the gaps of the windows so I had to keep the curtains closed to keep the room comfortable.

The renovations have not yet reached other parts of the hotel. The carpets in the hallways and stairs are threadbare and in some places duct tape has been used to keep the carpet together. The wifi even on the main floor is fairly weak and seems to fluctuate in strength. The hotel management really should address these issues as it is not the quality one would expect when paying £160 a night to stay at a hotel.

The restaurant and bar at the hotel are very good. We had dinner in the restaurant one night and everyone's meal was fantastic; presented well and delicious. The breakfasts were also very good although at peak times we found that the hotel was short staffed and some of us had to wait 20 minutes just to receive a pot of tea. The full Cornish breakfast was great. We also ordered the Cornish tea one afternoon and it was great - better than any of the Cornish teas we had during our week in Cornwall.

On check out I spoke to the manager on duty about my room the first night and she cut the room rate significantly for that night which I thought was fair.

Overall, I'd say that the staff at this hotel are doing a fantastic job managing under the circumstances they find themselves. The hotel owner needs to invest some money to update the areas which are very tired. Management shouldn't even try to put people in rooms that are clearly not up to standard; or at the very minimum should charge a different rate for the lower quality rooms.

Room Tip: Ask ahead to make sure you get a room that has been recently renovated.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear gl0baltraveler

Thank you for your review.

I am very grateful for your candid feedback which is very well received. Whilst I am pleased with some of your experience, I am alarmed that you found your initial room to be so far below expectation.

With our rolling refurbishments I am sure that any future revisit would demonstrate a more 'typical' standard of accommodation - the vast majority are now refurbished leaving just a few rooms and some of the public areas.

Should you ever consider a revisit, please let me know so I can personally attend to the booking and ensure you are given the very best available room.

Thank you again for your review, should you wish to discuss anything further I would be delighted to hear from you.

Corby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a Fantastic week at the Falmouth Hotel. Both rooms were comfortable and kept clean and tidy for us. Our whole stay was very good, the staff were fantastic and really helped in extending our stay. Our sons wedding reception at the hotel was excellent. The staff were so polite, helpful and made all guests feel very welcome. The food was beautifully presented and service was well timed. Thank you and we will be back.
Edward G

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Ted G

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the hotel. I am so pleased that your Sons big day was such a success.

We hope to be able to accommodate you again in the future. In the meantime please give our very best wishes to your Son and new Daughter In Law!

With kind regards