“Fantastic vegan food”
Review of Wildebeest - CLOSED

Wildebeest
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wildebeest is a recently-opened vegan restaurant situated in the bustling harbour town of Falmouth, Cornwall. You'll find a warm and friendly environment, an exciting menu using the freshest ingredients, delicious drinks and sweet treats. Our vibrant, diverse dishes draw inspiration from around the world - we want to share the food and drink that we love, so at Wildebeest you can enjoy everything from noodle soups and quesadillas to cupcakes and cocktails. Everything we serve is vegan, but our aim is to delight herbivores and carnivores alike! Please note that our kitchen is open from 5.30-9pm on Mon, Thurs, Fri and Sat.
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Fantastic vegan food”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The food was exciting, different and totally amazing! Loved everything but the Roast Banana and Blueberry icecream deserves a special mention- it was divine! Shame we don't live close enough to visit regularly, but it was so good I'd be tempted to go back to Falmouth just to eat there again.

1 Thank Angie W

Horsham, United Kingdom
“Excellent vegetarian”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Dined here twice, both times the food was delicious, filling and very fresh. I'm not a vegetarian but really enjoyed the experience and whilst the menu is short and simple it merits a high score.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank hungrybrucie
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing taste experience!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I went to a vegan sushi night, tickets in advance. I am not vegan, or even vegetarian, I say this only to encourage everyone to try this restaurant. The food was amazing! The sushi was well thought out with lots of different tastes, and the other courses (non sushi) were really complimentary. The green tea cheesecake desert (although not made with cheese obviously) was to die for. One of the bests meals I've had in Falmouth recently (and the competition is tough!), I urge everyone to give this restaurant a try!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MoonageDaydream
Hampshire
“Excellent quality at a bargain price”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We started with the fresh juices, both of which were excellent but for me the green one gets the vote over the orange one. We then had the Tex Mex and the Giant Couscous and both were superb: top-quality ingredients which had been prepared and presented really well and they were sooo tasty. We just had to go for a pud as well -- the cacao and hazelnut cheesecake was sublime and the whipped coconut cream that came with it was delicious. The choc brownie was melt-in-the-mouth and really chocolatey. An altogether excellent meal for an unbelievably low price. Why were we the only people in there on a Friday lunchtime? Well, it's quite new and maybe it looks a bit too 'alternative' for some but we liked the ambience even if, as others have mentioned, the seats are a bit hard and unforgiving. I defy even the most committed carnivore to fail to enjoy the food -- there's really nothing to be afraid of, you know!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Deliciously Nutritious!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Wildebeest serves amazing food; all vegan and gluten free options available even in the small menu. The small menu allows daily changes so there's always something exciting. The restaurant design is super cute and the staff were lovely. Loved the lime and mint sorbet for dessert and the fresh green juice was better here than at the juice bar down the road. Loved it all and I wish I lived in Falmouth so I could eat here again!