“3 times already and will continue coming back!”
Review of Prospect House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Prospect House
Ranked #34 of 83 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Love love love it here! We have been for our wedding anniversary two years in a row in March 2010 and 2011 and due to illness postponed this year and visited in July 2012 instead. As always its clean, tidy, quiet, beautiful and welcoming. Carolyn is lovely and finds the perfect balance between chatting and being interested and letting you get on with your stay. She is also very willing and on hand to share ideas of what you'd like to do and has a plentiful supply of books on walks/attractions which she has been happy to lend to us for our stay. Rooms are always clean as are bathrooms (we have always requested an en suite). Beds are very comfy with lots of cusions and a very cosy duvet. Rooms all have flat screen tvs with all the usual freeview channels.

There is a small kitchen area for guests to use, stocked with all the usual teas/coffees/hot chocs etc. and a small fridge with milk.

Breakfast...is amazing! Fruit, fruit juice, yogurts (nice ones too!) toast & jams and a cooked breakfast. Its really, very good! This is enough to keep us going until dinner time!

Prospect house is close to Falmouth, Truro, and surrounding areas and we always get out and explore the local area and do a few walks- although this year this was somewhat hindered by being 7 months pregnant and not so light on my feet!

Overall we love this place, and providing Carolyn will have us when we come with a baby too- we'll definately keep coming back!! It's always a pleasure to stay and we do look forward to it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank L R

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Having driven from shropshire i was certainly in need of some respite and i must say that the external appearance of the grade 2 listed building was very appealing, my stay was only short but none the less i quickly felt relaxed in my surroundings.
my room was very comfortable, spacious and clean, and i certainly slept very well.
My breakfast (full english) was very tasty and served in one of the delightful rooms of Prospect House.
I was very pleased to use the off road private parking and Carolyn very kindly lent me a bucket so i could wash my car as i was attending an owners club meeting the following day.

Carolyns informal and friendly aproach was very warming, i would certainly recommend this delightful B&B.

NOTE- Having been back home for a week or so Carolyn sent me a newspaper review / cutting of the car event i attended acompanied by a lovely card, kind gestures like this do make the difference and i felt quite touched.

Room Tip: my room was directly at the head off the stairs and titled waterwitch, i found this room to be quiet...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Penryn. Stayed here for work in March 2012. Carolyn, the owner, was very friendly and accommodating, offering me tea and cakes upon arrival (at no extra charge) and ensuring I was comfortable. They also have a very friendly 17 year old cat who curled up on my lap pretty soon after I sat down! The room with en suite was very comfortable and had everything I needed. Breakfast in the morning was excellent with juice, cereal, toast and a full English breakfast to order. Carolyn even took me in her car after breakfast to the Tremough Campus where I was working that day which was very kind of her. All in all a very good experience all round - would highly recommend Prospect House.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank uwakai
Reviewed 4 October 2011

A very comfortable B&B, much better than I expected. I stayed two separate
nights, and on one of them, for reasons unknown, Carolyn upgraded me to the
room called Falmouth Packet. It was well set up with en suite shower, double
glazing, decent lighting and WiFi.

The names of the rooms connect to the first owner, a packet boat captain,
who evidently prospered. In the garden is a tea turret, used as a dry store
for the commodity which a century or more ago made people rich. One of the
rooms is named after the famous tea clipper the Cutty Sark.

Breakfast was magificent, and included fresh fruit, fruit juice, and the
customary cooked things with optional standard or vegetarian sausages. The
bread was delicious.

Over the road is the tidal river, with wooded banks and many moored yachts.
Penryn's picturesque main street is a few yards up the steep St Gluvias
Street, on the corner of which Prospect House stands. All rooms have HD TV.
Falmouth with its dock and Maritime Museum is a short drive away, and the
University of Exeter Cornwall Campus is one mile distant.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2008

Stayed at Prospect House last Summer and found the entire experience just perfect. Beautiful gardens and conservatory where you can sit if weather isn't nice. Excellent brakfast and above all tranquility.
The owner, Carolyn, is great!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 April 2007

Absolutely wonderful boutique B & B that s dog friendly and people friendly too. Only 3 rooms and good value with all the comforts taken care of on the outskirts of Falmouth.

Amazing original features of merchants house, at every turn from the equisite carved wood framed doors and surrounds , painted corniches and brightly coloured stained glass. The garden is lovely with an amazing Victorian conservatory. Safe off road parking with walls all round and sizable gates.

Decor inside the room fits in with the house, nice en suite with good selction of goodies. Would be nice to have pullout shaving mirror but a minor gripe.

Guest lounge with tea on arrival from the charming host is very calming and sets the tone. Breakfast is good and very flexible. No TV's which is a pleasant change, but would have liked a radio in breakfast room.Penryn is not the prettiest place but do try the Aqua Viva tapas restaurant on Islington Wharf and walk the dogs along the river path and through the beautiful Church yard. Do go to the old world Pandora Inn, but you have to drive its two miles or more and down an amazingly steep one track road which in the summer will require some patience.

Stayed: April 2007