Engleton Guest House
US$182
US$125
US$224
US$316
Anacapri Guest House(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$191
Trelawne Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
US$126
US$123
Hotels.com
Budock Vean Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
US$283
US$251
Priceline
Meudon Hotel(Falmouth)
US$217
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Very nasty hotel. Had to cancel at short notice because of floods. The owner would not compromise. We even offered to pay half and she refused. Do not stay there, very unfriendly owner, greedy and rude.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank 361Christinew
demmer186235, Owner at Engleton Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Please Read as this is the correct version of events!
This person booked 2 rooms via booking.com(which clearly states the cancellations policy of 14 days notice) for 24th & 25th December. During the lead up to Xmas, I had to turn away others, as we were indeed full. The guest called to cancel with little more than 24 hours notice of their arrival date. My manner on the phone and later on email was nothing but curteous, professional and infact helpful. The comments of being rude and greedy are totally untrue and mearly reflect how they are as individuals to feel the need to try and assasinate my character. One comment that was ommitted from her review was her threat to me that if I did not refund her, she would write a review on Trip Advisor. Dispite this & dispite the cancellation policy, I did say that I would try and resell the rooms & if that was the case I would refund every day I could resell. I said that it was unlikely as the day before Xmas & unfortunately I had no enquiries.

We are a small and friendly B&B with a large percentage of repeat customers. We do take all comments (good & bad) on board & if we are at fault or can improve, we will use these comments to make changes. Sladereous, inaccurate comments such as these left by people who have not even stayed are of no help to anyone. I welcome anyone to contact me or any member of staff & thank you for taking the time to read this.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stayed for one night while going to a wedding, so we weren't in the hotel for long. It's definitely in need of a bit of sprucing up, but it suited us just fine for one night. The breakfast was fantastic and the staff were great. Parking was an issue - there's no car park and you can only park for an hour on the road outside. Our room overlooked the road, which was a little noisy as it's on a bus route and one of the main roads into town. All in all, for the money you pay, this isn't a bad little hotel for a night or two.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2012

The staff were friendly & the breakfast very good however I would not stay again. The room was very outdated & a bit shabby. The ensuite tiny & the shower inadequate, I could not wash my hair. The towels were old, rough & tatty so I didn't feel clean .

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rose J
Reviewed 5 October 2012

The entrance to both houses is rather shabby and does nothing to help one's immediate sense of "Oh Dear" The rooms are adequate but the carpets are extremely tired and the en suite bathrooms are very small. Our shower was a mere trickle and we made no attempt to wash hair. The other bathroom used by our family was extremely small. It all needs updating. Reception poor,breakfast next door as no cook for our side, however the breakfast was very good and well cooked and presented. Redeeming factor was the close proximity to town which was walkable so able to leave car parked outside from 5pm to9-30am when had to move it around the corner. We would not make a return visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank theflyingduo
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Lovely, hardworking staff who were constantly rushed off their feet.Breakfasts were fine.
Unfortunately, the place itself was down at heel and needs a complete refurbishment.Rooms were clean.Beds were uncomfortable & some electrical items didn't work e.g. alarm clock/radio. My son's room was more like a cupboard then a bedroom.
Overall, you get the impression that the owner needs to spend a good bit of money on updating the interior & employing more staff to help the existing overworked ones.
Not somewhere you'd recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family