Ivanhoe Guesthouse
US$296
Orbitz.com
Merchants Manor(Falmouth)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshomemade jamskedgereeb bsmall fridge in the roomguest housefresh milkhome from homeeasy walking distanceenglish breakfastexcellent breakfastvisiting falmouthstay there againnothing is too much troublefantastic hostswarm welcomelocal areafront of the house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Second time we have stayed here and was just as good as last time. We both had a great time in Falmouth and that was thanks to, amongst other things, Donna and Gill.

The lovely homemade jams and marmalades are just a small reason why the breakfasts are so excellent.

We would definitely have no hesitation in staying at Ivanhoe next time we are in Cornwall and are already planning our next stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Dan S
DTSears, Owner at Ivanhoe Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hi Dan & Holly, Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely comments. It was great seeing you again and we are really pleased the exam went well. We're looking forward to seeing you in July for your graduation.
Thanks once again

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just enjoyed our second visit of 9 nights to the Ivanhoe as our base for exploring this part of Cornwall. Gill and Donna have given us the warmest welcome we have received at any B&B or hotel in the UK. The breakfast menu is varied and delicious with a great selection of home made jams and marmalades. For anyone with Coeliac disease, like myself, who require gluten free food, this is a great B&B. Gluten free bread / toast and baked beans are available and Gill and Donna are very aware of the dangers of cross contamination with GF bread being toasted separately. (just remember to advise them in advance when booking if GF required). Rooms are comfortable, spotlessly clean and the fridges in the rooms with fresh milk each day for tea and coffee is a great visitor friendly touch. The friendly atmosphere and support for my diet made us feel so welcome and we shall return again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marjorie H
DTSears, Owner at Ivanhoe Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hi Marjorie & John,
Thank you for your kind comments. It was lovely seeing you again and we're really pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are also pleased you were happy with your gluten-free breakfast which was not a problem at all. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

If you're looking for a guest house while staying in Falmouth then quite simply look no further than Ivanhoe - and its lovely proprietors Donna and Gill. I needed somewhere to stay at short notice and after sending a few speculative emails, Donna's prompt, friendly and helpful replies made Ivanhoe the obvious choice. She went as far as looking up train times for me and offering to pick me up from the station which I thought was above and beyond what I would expect from a busy B&B owner.

After a long journey, I was welcomed by Gill like a prodigal son and shown to my ensuite double room. The room included a TV with freeview, ample tea and coffee facilities, a desk with drawers, wardrobe and fridge. The ensuite was a little tight for a larger gent like myself but perfectly adequate. During a three-night stay all my needs were met, including setting up an ironing board in the corridor at short notice! Breakfast was perfect - the full English hit the spot, Gill's assorted jams and marmalades left me wishing I was staying enough nights to try them all, while kedgeree was a new breakfast to me but one that I will add to my own repertoire.

Not only did Donna and Gill make me feel at home, but they made me feel like I was a member of their family. When I return to Falmouth I will have no hesitation in returning to Ivanhoe.

Room Tip: Room 1 is the ensuite double - it faces towards the sea and is nice and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Hi Craig, Thank you so much for your very kind comments. It was a pleasure to meet you and we are so pleased you had a good few days with us here at Ivanhoe. Hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

As a person who has visited Falmouth for many years both with Family and Friends, I can say that the Ivanhoe is by far the outstanding Guest House I have stayed at. Donna and Gill make you feel very welcome. The rooms for both couples and singles are extremely comfortable, spotless and well furnished. The breakfast menu is varied and extremely well cooked, also,accompanied by a wide choice of both homemade Jams and marmalades. Ivanhoe is also well situated for both the beach and town.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DTSears, Owner at Ivanhoe Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Hi Neil, Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. We're so pleased you always enjoy your stay with us here at Ivanhoe, and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best wishes Donna

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying with Donna and Jill's B&B in Falmouth, for 9 days recently.

They are very welcoming and you are treated well, the breakfasts a good - piping hot and the wide variety of home made jams gives you plenty of choice for the toast spread.

I stayed in a single room with shared shower between two rooms.
That wasn't a problem and the size of the bathroom was twice that you would normally get in a ensuite B&B room.

The shower Pressure and flow was very good.

I would recommend.

Room Tip: Very close to the port.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TonyCerv
DTSears, Owner at Ivanhoe Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Hi Tony

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of our guesthouse. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that we see you again soon!