“Marvellous accommodation and hospitality”
Review of Chellowdene

and 1 more site!
Chellowdene
Ranked #22 of 83 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2014

A real gem is Chellowdene. Troy and Julie are superb hosts and the room we had was spotless, comfortable and seemed new, which together with a fantastic balcony view of Gyllyngvase beach and bay was perfect. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Chellowdene

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel is perfect for a quiet weekend holiday in Falmouth. I went with my boyfriend for 2 nights and it really was a great place to stay! The owners of the hotel were very welcoming and allowed us to check in earlier on the day of arrival. They were very friendly and chatty with us on our stay and advised us on great places to eat in and around Falmouth itself. The room we stayed in was a ground floor double room with an en-suite and it was just the right size for the two of us. It was such a nice, clean and welcoming room and the bed was extremely comfortable. Whilst we were staying in Falmouth we visited the local beach, and toured the town centre, which were both within walking distance of the hotel. We even took a trip out the Helston on the Saturday which was great because I got to see the surrounding areas and what they were like. I would definitely consider staying at this hotel again as my boyfriend is in the Navy so he is based in Cornwall so it was very handy for me to stay here. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who was looking at travelling to this part of the country, either for a short or long stay as the owners were very accommodating and the rooms were very presentable and homely. Definitely a hotel to look at when thinking about going to Falmouth :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Faye G
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Chellowdene is a beautiful place to stay and idilic for a couple who: wants to go to the beach (which is less then a minute away); explore the town and coastal paths along with an amazing supply of restuarants within a very short distance.

The staff were all so lovely and I felt absolutely spoiled having breakfast made for me everyday! Oh and everything was very VERY clean!

Room Tip: All rooms have access to their own private bathrooms if not an ensuite. Even though we didn't ha...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here during the Easter Weekend, I found this place on Booking.Com where I got a discount for booking. When I arrived the couple who booked us in where very friendly and showed us to our room. I had booked a twin room with private bathroom. The bedroom had two single beds, reasonable cupboard space, and a tv. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was done up to a very high standard. The bath was really nice and relaxing. The B&B is in the perfect location, right by the beach, my room had a view of Gylly beach. I didn’t have the breakfast, so I can’t comment on what it’s like. We had an issue with payment, I assumed I paid the £195 for three with Booking.Com, the presented the total and I put in my card details, turns out they had only charged me for the one night, but the couple who run the B&B were great about it, Booking.Com should make it clearer on the website what is left to pay.

The rooms were spotlessly clean, the rooms were warm, I would really recommend this place if you are looking to stay in Falmouth.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Booked into Chellowdene to "1 x room two double bed with balcony (en suite)" as quoted on our reservation with a visiting friend from Canada. We assumed there would be two beds. There was only one bed and absolutely no flexibility with the innkeeper, Troy to either refund our money or give us another room. We were already out 170 GBP for two nights and had to pay an additional 100 GBP for the last very small room available which did not have an ensuite. The bathroom was down a short hall and had no shower just a tub. Bed was hard and not comfortable although the room was immaculate. After much haggling on our part (on how it was not accurately advertised) he agreed to give us 10 pound off per night for the additional room. The inn was very clean and breakfast was ok. Great location!

Room Tip: Room 5 is small and with sloped ceiling even the door way, I am not tall and still managed to bump m...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 April 2014

A splendid B & B sitting on a slope not far from the sea and beach. Very comfortable and very clean. The quality of the finish in rooms is great. The owners are welcoming.
It's not far to the town and there's a great beach restaurant/cafe just below the house.
There's parking available, which is a bonus in Falmouth. You may occasionally have to negotiate with other people to get your car out as it's quite compact, but not a major issue and the owners will sort it, if you ask them to.
On my wish list would be wifi access in the room we used, but it was available in the shared lounge.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Great welcome, tidy, clean, well maintained room in a good location. Website states limited parking but there is parking 3mins away. Great hosts. Very nice breakfast. Happily return next time were in area.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple