“Fantastic place to stay!”
Review of Chellowdene

and 1 more site!
Chellowdene
Ranked #19 of 80 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to stay!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We travelled down to Falmouth for our 1st year anniversary and had high hopes for a place to stay. We were not disappointed, Chellowdene is situated in the perfect place for access to the beach and the view from our balcony room was beautiful.
As a couple we both work in the hospitality industry and know how important it is to maintain high standards, this place was second to none the cleanliness was faultless and the breakfasts were consistent and well cooked. We would recommend Chellowdene to anyone visiting Falmouth.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. Troy and Julie were incredibly friendly and more than happy to help. The room and bathroom were spotless and the cooked breakfast was delicious! Would definitely stay here again if I was back in the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This is the second year running we have been to chellowdene and it was perfect yet again. Great views, hospitality from Julie and Troy, and the perfect breakfast. We are looking forward to next year already.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicola B
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

A real gem is Chellowdene. Troy and Julie are superb hosts and the room we had was spotless, comfortable and seemed new, which together with a fantastic balcony view of Gyllyngvase beach and bay was perfect. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel is perfect for a quiet weekend holiday in Falmouth. I went with my boyfriend for 2 nights and it really was a great place to stay! The owners of the hotel were very welcoming and allowed us to check in earlier on the day of arrival. They were very friendly and chatty with us on our stay and advised us on great places to eat in and around Falmouth itself. The room we stayed in was a ground floor double room with an en-suite and it was just the right size for the two of us. It was such a nice, clean and welcoming room and the bed was extremely comfortable. Whilst we were staying in Falmouth we visited the local beach, and toured the town centre, which were both within walking distance of the hotel. We even took a trip out the Helston on the Saturday which was great because I got to see the surrounding areas and what they were like. I would definitely consider staying at this hotel again as my boyfriend is in the Navy so he is based in Cornwall so it was very handy for me to stay here. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who was looking at travelling to this part of the country, either for a short or long stay as the owners were very accommodating and the rooms were very presentable and homely. Definitely a hotel to look at when thinking about going to Falmouth :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Faye G
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Chellowdene is a beautiful place to stay and idilic for a couple who: wants to go to the beach (which is less then a minute away); explore the town and coastal paths along with an amazing supply of restuarants within a very short distance.

The staff were all so lovely and I felt absolutely spoiled having breakfast made for me everyday! Oh and everything was very VERY clean!

Room Tip: All rooms have access to their own private bathrooms if not an ensuite. Even though we didn't ha...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here during the Easter Weekend, I found this place on Booking.Com where I got a discount for booking. When I arrived the couple who booked us in where very friendly and showed us to our room. I had booked a twin room with private bathroom. The bedroom had two single beds, reasonable cupboard space, and a tv. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was done up to a very high standard. The bath was really nice and relaxing. The B&B is in the perfect location, right by the beach, my room had a view of Gylly beach. I didn’t have the breakfast, so I can’t comment on what it’s like. We had an issue with payment, I assumed I paid the £195 for three with Booking.Com, the presented the total and I put in my card details, turns out they had only charged me for the one night, but the couple who run the B&B were great about it, Booking.Com should make it clearer on the website what is left to pay.

The rooms were spotlessly clean, the rooms were warm, I would really recommend this place if you are looking to stay in Falmouth.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family