“Poor food and service at the Greenbank Hotel”

Harbourside Restaurant
Ranked #128 of 233 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$10 - US$42
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My family thought that we would celebrate my mothers 80th Birthday at the hotels restaurant on the 5 Nov13. The 5 adults and 2 teenagers all had a starter and a main course, a bottle of wine and 5 pints of coke (the coke alone cost £16). We all thought that the food was cold and the starters were very small but thought that the main course would make up for it (how wrong we were). Again the main courses were all cold and portion size was that small it was discussing. The bill was £241 and we all left hungry. Because it was my mothers 80th Birthday it was not the time to complain so instead I wrote a letter explaining my disappointment with the meal and price. Some 13 weeks later they have not had the decency to reply. So we got ripped off with the food and the management of the Greenbank could not even be bothered to reply to a customers dissatisfaction. We have used the Greenbank for some 30 years and will not be using it again and will not be recommending it to anyone.

3  Thank Jeremy L

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Some tiny portions and very little of our three course meal (and amuse bouche and pre-dessert) tasted good. The lamb starter and pork main were tiny portions. My brill main course was meant to be served in a crispy potato covering. It was pale and flaccid; not crispy and golden. The sticky toffee pudding sponge was inferior tasting and the clotted cream was not on the plate. The table next to us were unhappy with their desserts too. On a brighter note, the male serving staff were very professional and attentive. Disappointed as we had looked forward to this. We felt too embarrassed to complain and preferred to just leave.

1  Thank banana3000
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Loved the setting, view was amazing and the bar area was clean and tidy. The Christmas decorations where a bit pathetic but understated seems the fashion nowadays. Ordered tea and hot chocolate, the tea was lovely but the hot chocolate was regrettably in a very small cup, contained no marshmallows and was tepid at best. Overall would definitely go again.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I didn't actually stay here but wanted to spend some time having coffee. Had my very small dog with me and they would not allow her in so unfortunately didn't stay. In this day and age not to be dog friendly is unfortunate.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We went to the Harbourside Restaurant as it had some good reviews. I had seafood linguine. The sauce was rather good white wine with crème fraise and a hint of vanilla, nice but not overpowering. On the side were 'salty fingers' some seaweed stuff which went well with the dish. The disappointment was the seafood part of this dish. Re heated crayfish tails which made them chewy, lots of hot roast smoked salmon (nice) and langoustines which needed to be peeled and no finger bowl. OH had a steak. After I paid he asked if I left a tip. I did not as I felt that the extortionate cost of my one glass of wine was more than enough of a tip.

1  Thank Wendy S