“The best ever”

Hunkydory Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 227 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$6 - US$31
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set in a beautiful Grade II listed building and with bright designed interiors, hunkydory is a great location for a romantic or group meal. Lots a little alcoves and booths allow you to feel you have your own private space. There is also a private function area for exclusive use to seat up to 20 around one table, with it's own private lounge and facilities. Great for family occasions or business meals.
Congleton, Cheshire
“The best ever”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I visited this restaurant at the end of April, and we both agreed it was the best restaurant meal we had eaten in many years, and beat Rick Stein's hands down.
We both had mussels to start, my husband had his in the white wine sauce, and I had the lemon grass, coriander and coconut milk sauce, and we argued over which was best. I didn't want mine to come to an end, the sauce was simply superb, and the mussels the freshest, and plumpest I have ever eaten.
I followed this with Hake served with a seafood risotto and crispy seaweed, which surpassed any fish I have ever eaten, and my husband was equally enthusiastic about his seafood curry. Falmouth is probably 350 miles away from where we live, but we both said we would go back just to eat here again.
.A mention should also go to the service, which was very efficient, unstuffy and friendly and the restaurant itself is suitable for a group of friends or a romantic meal for two.
Belissimo!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Cheshirecat046

Cambridge
“We came away with the feeling that the food was mediocre”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have been busy eating our way around Falmouth so were eager to eat here. We opted for a three course meal deal which at £19 represents good value for money. The portions were generous but somehow they just did not excite us. My partner's soup was cold, my main the duck excessively salty and our puddings, panacottas not the best (not firm enough, rather sludgy). The food is beautifully presented though The service was attentive though we found the seating rather uncomfortable. I had a bench seat against the wall and the seat was too high for the table. The restaurant is on the less favoured side of the street, without harbour views. We will not be rushing back to eat here.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank annemarie10
“Service fantastic, food nearly as good”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Yes, the service was fantastic; friendly, attentive but not over-bearing. The food didn't quite live up to the same standards, although that may have been my choice of dish. I plumped for the special of the day - monkfish wrapped in parma ham in a creamy mussel sauce. It was a little bland. I don't normally go for the creamy sauces, so could have been a taste preference, but my starter of scallops was a little lacking in taste also. All very pleasant, and my empty plates were demonstrated nothing was awful, but compared to similar dishes elsewhere, it was a little disappointing. Service and atmosphere, however, couldn't have been bettered, even an early sitting of 6.30. A very pleasant evening.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tracy W
Linslade, United Kingdom
“Fab food, service with a smile: purr-fect.”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Having read a number of reviews prior to this first visit, I was not disappointed!
We were shown to one of the larger tables (bench seats, cushioned and comfortable) to the rear, nearer the kitchen, which was not quite as busy as the mainly 'tables-for-two', nearer the entrance/street. Service throughout was friendly, efficient & professional.
There is a good choice of meat, fish or veggie dishes, that should suit most tastes. Portion sizes were sensible, well-constructed and very tasty. Altho' there is a well-priced 3-course option, after terrific crispy squid, I went off-piste with their pan-seared (& larger than expected) Hake fillet with a Seafood risotto, that was sublime - locally sourced from Newlyn, finishing with a simple selection of ice-cream.
In my view, all the dishes were well-thought out, balanced, full-of-flavour & well-executed, probably one of the best meals out during the past 12 months - well done & a big "thank you" to all the team for a great evening.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank SilverBuzz
Derby, United Kingdom
“Lovely atmosphere, excellent service”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

On the whole an excellent evening and meal spoilt slightly by 2 courses being over salted for our taste. The soup my daughter just couldn't finish as it was too salty (I managed to but had to admit it was far saltier than I really liked) and then my husband had ordered the plaice and he found this was incredibly salty.
The sea bass had been lovely and the calamari also reported as fab ... So maybe it was just a blip.

Despite this we had a lovely evening service is faultless and the restaurant has a lovely feel to it.

• Visited May 2014