“Great pub”

Add it.
Fisherman's Arms Inn
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Have eaten here before and was not disappointed. Found a table at teatime after trying 3 fish Restaurants. Very busy but staff on hand to find tables for everyone. Large choice of food. opted for scampi and mussels for mains would have these dishes again. Service quick and staff helpful.Good pub for children.

Reviewed 28 October 2009

My elderly wife and I visited the Fisherman's Arms recently in the hope of dining there.

As soon as we walked in it was obvious we'd made a mistake. I've never before experienced such a hostile, non existent welcome.

The Landlord ignored my presence at the bar for several minutes as I waited to be served, despite there being no one else there to serve. Even then his attitude was morose and grudging as though I, a customer, was an inconvenience.

The Landlady "barked" over her shoulder at us that the three dining tables were pre-booked. To cap it all, as we sat quiety having a drink, a group of "locals" were allowed by the Landlord to loudly relate ribald stories liberally interspersed with obscenities.

We left within 10 minutes of our arrival and visited another local Inn where we received the degree of customer care to be expected in the 21st, Century.

As a result of this bad experience I would strongly suggest that this is NOT an Inn for families, This is NOT an Inn for civilised individuals.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Tourists are not welcome.

There are other, much more welcoming Inns locally.

1  Thank CornwallMightymike