“First and last rip off”
Review of The Relentless Sea

The Relentless Sea
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn about the awesome power of the sea when you visit this hands-on exhibition that tells the story about man’s struggle and heroism with one of the strongest forces on Earth.
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have been visiting lands end since 1965, everything is daubed with the first and last.the whole thing has now become an expensive con.Please let the visitors to this country enjoy the natural beauty without £5 for the car park followed by £10 for the attractions an £2 for a small ice cream.etc etc. stand back and think what it has become.
Cfc

13  Thank cfc

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I visited here so we could see the coast at Lands End. The area has been completely spoiled by the shops etc here - it should be a place of natural beauty and it has been completely spoiled. If you love nature save your money and go to the Lizard! The views there are stunning and parking in the village is free.

10  Thank Little Jenny
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Worth going for the the views, but disappointed by the blatant commercialization of it all.
For just under a tenner, you can have a picture taken by the famous signpost with one of the signs personalised, or you can do what most people did and hang around a few minutes to take your own photo. Hopefully one day, the place will get bulldozed and something more relevant to the surroundings will get built. When that day happens, I'll consider returning.

11  Thank Elmbird
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We loved Lands End so much we visited twice in one week. Parking is £5 and you are given a slip which entitles you to free parking for 7 days. I've seen some reviews moan about the parking price but I honestly think its fair considering its free to go into Lands End - you only pay for the simulated attractions and farm.

We loved everything about Lands End. On both visits, we stopped for a coffee and a cream tea in the restaurant. The play area for children is brilliant and my son who has just turned 2 loved the boat there. He also loved the helicopter in the forecourt.

We had our photograph taken by the sign by the photographer. My son isn't a poser by any means but they managed to get a smile out of him! Their prices are fair and we opted for a package of 3 photos. They get posted to your home within a couple of weeks.

We visited Greebs farm which is just to the left of the car park. It is a small but lovely little farm. My son loved it. There is an extra cost for this think its about £3/£4. Our son was free so I presume under 3s go free.

There are plenty of places to buy food and drinks and lots of picnic benches all around. The shops sell lovely gifts and treasures of all kinds. They are very reasonably priced and not expensive in the slightest. We bought postcards and posted them in the special post box meaning they will get a special mark on it. I posted to a friend in Aberdeen on the Friday and she received it the next day!

The views at Lands End are amazing. Even our son loved looking out to sea! Lands End is easily accessible with a pram and would recommend it for little ones as there's a lot of walking involved to see everything. We used a baby carrier so we could do the more difficult routes when walking.

We would definitely revisit Lands End in the future.

4  Thank Mammalewis
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Difficult as the iconic place that it is deserves a visit from all but some of the attractions were just a rip off. The picture guy as well, £10 for it so we just stood near it and smiled while we took one at arms length. Lovely views and a real piece of English history

8  Thank theheadfather