“never judge a book by its cover!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Archies

Archies
Ranked #61 of 82 Restaurants in Looe
Cuisines: British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
east yorkshire
“never judge a book by its cover!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2009

We chose Archies as it looked inviting from the outside. Never judge a book by its cover!
I had planned to treat my wife and son but i think i punished them instead!
The fish i ordered had been frozen and i counted over a dozen bones in the first forkfull.Even the seagulls would of given it a wide berth. My wife and sons meal were no better and as such we all left them.
Customer service left a lot to be desired and i think we were invisible, bearing in mind we were the only customers in this place not eating what was put in front of us. I called a member of staff to explain in an approachable manner how dissapointed we were. She snatched away our plates and said "fish do have bones you know" Duhhh. What she did not say was that my sons burger usually smells like dog food! I did not say that bit incase the chef,cook,person in the kitchen took offence and made us wash up for the summer months as punishment. All i got was my bill, which i paid in full, im no freeloader, Archies, the customer is always right even if you think he is wrong! Archies, avoid at all costs because you will be dissapointed and leave hungry minus £25 quid. Shame on you and clean up your act!

1 Thank sherburnninja

Cambridge
“OK for a quick meal.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2008

Fairly typical menu of pizzas, pasta etc. Meal was OK. Lighting and general set up made it seem more like a canteen than a restaurant.

England
“Archies, what a terrible place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2008

The only positive thing I can say about my Archies restaurant experience is... nice logo.

My family and I where wandering around Looe in August '08 and decided to dine. Walking past it looked quite nice from the outside. However, we weren't prepared for probably the worst meal I have ever had.

If tinned pea's, grey (yes, grey) chicken nuggets, partially cooked frozen chips and dirty glasses is your idea of a good meal then I strongly recommend this restaurant.

Poor service, nasty old and tatty decoration upstairs and the food in my opinion was terrible. If you are used to a low, low standards then you will probably love it.

I recommend avoiding Archie's in Looe at all costs. There are plenty of other places to go. Yuk.