Having been in caravan holidays in Cornwall since I was a young child but never stayed on the south coast so we thought we would give it a try.
On arriving an hour early we thought we would try checking in. The checking in desk is in the Manor house and we were greeted with a smile and the keys for our caravan. We booked a bronze class caravan and while it was obviously old it seemed well looked after and was pretty clean.
The park does seem to have an awful lot of private caravans which I think is a good thing as the park will obviously receive some nice income from these people. Maybe it would be a good idea to pump some of this money back into the swimming pool and kids play areas, after looking around the pool I decided not to take my 7 and 5 year old's in as it looked dirty especially the indoor , we went to Liskeard which has a nice pool and in the sea instead.
The club is as you would expect, the kids loved the entertainment and my wife likes the bingo but it can get very noisy but it's no worse than any other I have been in.
In and around the Manor house is free wifi which is great, the bar by reception had a TV that was showing plenty of sport and there is a seated area outside where you can enjoy your drink.
I went in the shop on site twice and there wasn't much in it, what there was seemed expensive but that's what you expect from a site shop. In Looe there are a couple of coop's but if you need bigger supermarkets you need to go further afield.
Would I go back, probably not as I have stayed on better sites at a similar price but I have certainly been on worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the grounds of an elegant 15th-century manor house, Trelawne Manor Holiday Park has loads of wide open space and excellent facilities. You can wander around the park and take in the fresh air, or spend your time in our indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools (with flume), our games area, playing football or fishing in our fishing lake (EA rod license required). In the evenings you can take advantage of the nightly entertainment that’s put on in the park’s club, relax in the lounge with its WiFi, or enjoy a game of snooker or pool, all whilst enjoying a drink from the club’s well stocked bars. As you can see, this Looe Holiday Park has something for everyone, and your whole family will enjoy their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Trelawne Manor Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trelawne Manor Holiday Park Hotel Looe
- Trelawne Manor Holiday Park Looe, Cornwall