“Adequate ”

Trelawne Manor Holiday Park
Ranked #1 of 31 Speciality Lodging in Looe
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Having been in caravan holidays in Cornwall since I was a young child but never stayed on the south coast so we thought we would give it a try.

On arriving an hour early we thought we would try checking in. The checking in desk is in the Manor house and we were greeted with a smile and the keys for our caravan. We booked a bronze class caravan and while it was obviously old it seemed well looked after and was pretty clean.
The park does seem to have an awful lot of private caravans which I think is a good thing as the park will obviously receive some nice income from these people. Maybe it would be a good idea to pump some of this money back into the swimming pool and kids play areas, after looking around the pool I decided not to take my 7 and 5 year old's in as it looked dirty especially the indoor , we went to Liskeard which has a nice pool and in the sea instead.

The club is as you would expect, the kids loved the entertainment and my wife likes the bingo but it can get very noisy but it's no worse than any other I have been in.

In and around the Manor house is free wifi which is great, the bar by reception had a TV that was showing plenty of sport and there is a seated area outside where you can enjoy your drink.

I went in the shop on site twice and there wasn't much in it, what there was seemed expensive but that's what you expect from a site shop. In Looe there are a couple of coop's but if you need bigger supermarkets you need to go further afield.

Would I go back, probably not as I have stayed on better sites at a similar price but I have certainly been on worse.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank stupendo_uk
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Trelawne Manor Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hello Stupendo

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our holiday park. We certainly do not ignore any constructive criticism and perhaps there are some areas that could be improved in the interest of future guests.

Your comments have been passed on to all departments and we really hope that you will visit us again in the near future

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely surroundings, the duck pond and fishing lake were a real bonus. Entertainment was as expected, arcades a little small and dated. Pizzas were great in the chefs corner. Swimming pools were good, lacked chlorine, changing facilities were lacking. The main problem was you cannot walk anywhere from the site. The area is amazing I thoroughly recommend a trip to Cawsands for a day on the beach and food at the hotel there.

Stayed: July 2014

Hello Ali

Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic feedback; it’s always a pleasure receiving such positive comments.

We are very lucky with the location of our park in such a beautiful part of Cornwall and we are delighted that you were able to share that experience.

Let me thank you again for taking the time to leave this lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our park very soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at Trelawne Manor in a privately rented caravan which was clean & adequate from 12th to 19th July. The park itself is spotless, and has a well stocked convenience store and laundrette on site. There is also a restaurant chefs corner and the food looked ok. The reception staff come bar staff are friendly and the Stripey's in the club house worked hard to entertain the children, we have two children 6 & 4 years and they enjoyed it.
We felt the site was run on a tight budget and definitely the pool/slide area and changing rooms needed some attention. We took the children to the pool twice, the slide wasn't open on either occasion the life guards said there needed to be 3 life guards present to have that open and there were only 2 on a Sunday! The next time my husband took the children he was told by the lifeguard that they all needed to shower before entering the pool, he hadn't been told to do so on the first visit so they all showered, but upon observing the next entrants to the pool the lifeguard didn't enforce this rule, so, my husband asked her why she had let them in without showering as she had requested him & our children to do so.. So, the lifeguard asked them to shower.. 'the moral of this story if you are going to have rules enforce them with Everyone!' Not just when you feel like it. My husband also commented that the shower in the men's changing room was near useless and cold, so, didn't wash you properly anyway. The more worrying part of the pool experience was after their swim, the next morning both my husband and son developed pimple like spots on their bodies, these spots lasted a week, we later discovered this was swimmers itch and is bought on by parasites in the pool water, I thankfully didn't swim in it. I think this needs some attention by the lifeguards/pool staff, I did notice one lifeguard collecting water for testing, but one thing my husband commented was the pool didn't really smell chlorinated, when you swim in your local pool you can smell the chlorine on your swimwear/towels but didn't at the John Fowler pools.

Anyway, enough moaning, the site is conveniently sited 3 miles from Looe & about the same to Polperro, a trip to Talland Bay is also worthwhile, lovely coffee shop & secluded little beach. There is a bus stop just outside the site which takes you into Looe and a large fishing lake on site. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but please John Fowler sort the pool out, we read there had been a similar problem at one of their other sites.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such an honest review. We certainly do not ignore any constructive criticism and perhaps there are some areas that could be improved in the interest of future guests.

Your comments have been passed to all departments and everyone will be especially delighted to read your comments about the park.

It is rare to get a poor review about the pools, simply because all our pools throughout the company are closely monitored by the local councils and we would soon know if there were any problems. With regard to showering before entering the pool, I thought this was standard procedure at all pools and it is no fun for the staff to have to enforce the rule, so I can understand if some slip through the net.

We really hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived on Mon 21st July for 2 PM check in booked to stay in 2 bedroom platinum caravan. Park is spottlessly clean. And only a short distance to looe and Polperro . Shop is well equipped with essential items. Reception staff very helpful. Can't comment on entertainment as we were all to tired from days at the beach . The caravan was amazing . And spotlessly clean would highly recommend

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for such a lovely review, we really appreciate you taking the time.

Your comments have been passed to all departments, especially the house-keeping team, who will be delighted to hear your thoughts.

We pride ourselves on our family feel at John Fowler Holidays, and are delighted to have such loyal customers as yourselves. We really hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This was our 6th return visit to Trelawne manor and we must say it was one of better holidays.
The park is located in between looe and polpero so makes a great base for days out, this years stripes were fantastic engaging with all the children not just the "special one" as had happen to us on trips before. All in all we can see the investment John fowler are putting into this park and it's finally paying off all in all a great holiday for all ages at this holiday park

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Bigs12345

Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic review. It is satisfying to hear that you had a great time on our park.

I have passed on your feedback on to the department managers so they can share this success with their teams.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We hadn't been on a caravan holiday before, but the opportunity arouse to take a short break with out daughter and 3 year old granddaughter. We got a great deal on a gold caravan through Hoseasons, and arrived at Trelawne Manor after a longish drive, not quite knowing what the expect. We were not in any way disappointed, the caravan was excellent, spacious, comfortable and very clean with everything that any reasonable person might want. The grounds of the holiday park are well kept, and there is a small restaurant on site, I don't think its unfair to say that its quite reliant on deep fat fryers and microwaves for its output, but ithe food was quite welcome after the journey, as were the gin and tonics from the bar, which were very reasonalby priced indeed.

Our grand daughter enjoyed the children's entertainment and the swimming pool.

3  Thank redmike123

Hello Mike

We do take great pride in cleaning all grades of accommodation to a very high standard and it’s brilliant that this isn’t going unnoticed. All comments will be passed on to our Housekeeper and the cleaning team.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Trelawne Manor is such a delight to us. We are currently staying here for a week and I can say, what a fantastic holiday. Their staff made us feel warm and welcome. We were given a clean and comfy lodge, not a smudge in sight! We have a lovely view from our lodge too.This lodge is in great condition and looks lovely. Those grounds there are beautiful and I loved looking at flowers there. Their outdoor pool is such a delight. I had fun swimming there. Their shop is nice selling convenient things. Their entertainment is fantastic. I enjoyed the stripeys they made me laugh! Food is nice too. I loved eating here. SO much better than I thought. I am SO happy and I shall recommend this lovely place to anyone who wants to go on holiday.

Room Tip: Choose these lodges, they're lovely and comfy.