Stayed at trelawn for 4 nights with my 18 month old grand daughter, daughter and son in law.Didnt quite know what to expect as had nt been on a caravan holiday for a few years . We had a bronze caravan.On arrival I was pleasantly surprised. Although you could see it was an older caravan, it was clean . The seating was a bit on the shabby side but ok , it had everything we needed including a microwave. The tv was a bit disappointing ,but we didn't spend much time watching it !
The site is well laid out .we had lovely views over the Cornish countryside, and it s kept clean and litter free.
We ate in chefs corner every night ,choosing to eat in the bar rather than the cafe as this is very cramped and no where near big enough . I think they need to improve the cafe / restaurant area as this is a bit of a let down . The food is very reasonably priced and fairly good . They also do take aways .
The entertainment team are very good . My granddaughter loved the evenings entertainment . A bit of something for everyone . The comedian on Thursday night was brilliant without being blue,so all the family can enjoy it . one night there was a tribute band which was also quite good .
The swimming pools are ok .the outdoor one needs a bit of up dating ,especially around the pool area ( concrete slabs) but it is clean . A bit disappointing that both pools close for an hour in the early afternoon , especially on a hot day . Would it not be better to have a lunch rota for the life guards so that there is always some one on duty ? There is a flume and smaller indoor and outdoor pools for the little ones . My granddaughter loved her swimming sessions . We didn't use the changing rooms so can't comment but the flooring leading to the indoor pool could do with sorting out it is always soaking wet Seems to be no drainage .
There is an on site shop .Limited stock and rude unfriendly staff when we used it one morning so never returned . This is a holiday resort so a smile and a friendly hello would be nice !
The on site laundrette is good plenty of tumble driers to air wet towels .
The site is approx 2 miles from both polperro and Looe . and close to talland Bay although with a push chair or young children I think the walk would ve been quite dangerous , no footpaths on the main road and narrow country lanes where people tend to go far too fast , but talland has a car park and there are cafes and a beach shop . The site is also a good base for coastal path walking.
We had a good time , would probably stay for a week next time as 4 nights went too quick ! ,and would probably up grade to a silver or bronze caravan . if we return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the grounds of an elegant 15th-century manor house, Trelawne Manor Holiday Park has loads of wide open space and excellent facilities. You can wander around the park and take in the fresh air, or spend your time in our indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools (with flume), our games area, playing football or fishing in our fishing lake (EA rod license required). In the evenings you can take advantage of the nightly entertainment that’s put on in the park’s club, relax in the lounge with its WiFi, or enjoy a game of snooker or pool, all whilst enjoying a drink from the club’s well stocked bars. As you can see, this Looe Holiday Park has something for everyone, and your whole family will enjoy their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, PitchUp and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Trelawne Manor Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trelawne Manor Holiday Park Hotel Looe
- Trelawne Manor Holiday Park Looe, Cornwall