“2ND Time Back And Just As Impressed”

Tencreek Holiday Park
Ranked #8 of 33 Speciality Lodging in Looe
TAUNTON
“2ND Time Back And Just As Impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

We came back to tencreek for our 2nd visit on their new years break,the weather was mild and our caravan very warm we stayed in a suncrest.a big thank you to yo and the yellowcoats for keeping us entertained once again through our short break.I noticed on here that someone says its a discrace from the outside,its not great but once in we felt very looked after.we have booked our 3rd visit in july Cant Wait

Room Tip: avoid sunsavers and pet vans
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ALFIE99TAUNTON

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

I am very surprised at the negative reviews for this holiday park. If they are true, and the photos suggest they are, then Dolphin holidays need to be sorting these tatty old vans out. Clearly there is a huge difference between the type of vans on this park.Having said that, we had a lovely stay in a clean comfortable caravan. It was stated to be a 2010 caravan and was perfectly ok. It was clean but I did think that some basic items were missing e.g. Toaster, wine glasses and oven tray. We managed ok without though. The site is in a great spot with good sea views. Indoor pool basic but warm and clean enough, changing room could do with a refurb. Club wasn't our cup of tea really, lots of noise from children or loud music, didn't seem to cater for older guests. But hey, its a family park. Staff were all pleasant & helpful if asked. This park is considerably cheaper than some and it looks like you need to book their top range caravans to get a decent one. But at around £120 for a week in October you can't go wrong if you book one of the better ones. I would never book a dog friendly caravan but those who do should expect it to be clean. All in all We would stay again but only in 2010/11 caravans.

• Stayed October 2011
5 Thank Juliet33
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

Please do not book to stay here it was the last site left for sun holiday so should of realised!! We booked a pet caravan and expected it to be abit pongy but the stench was to overpowering to stay there. There was mould, carpet stains, dog hair and I was bitten with nasty bites on my lower back just from sat on the sofa so I would advise not to stay here. We went home within two hours of arriving and we have YET to receive any payment back or compensation even emails are going unanswered which is so appalling I will certainly be spreading the word about this site it should be closed down!!!

• Stayed November 2011
11 Thank Welloio
Somerset UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

We arrived at the park late evening. We booked a pet friendly mobile. We were absolutely horrified at what we found! Ok so we were not expecting A1 here due to it being "pet allocated" but we were sickened to find mould on the sofas chairs and carpets. I have never seen such a disgrace. After finding reception was closed we headed to the bar to speak to the bar manager (who provided our key in the first place). He stated that all "pet allocated" accommodation were of similar disgrace!

We travelled 200 miles and we turned around and travelled another 200 miles home...yes it was that bad. I have tried to retrieve my payment back only to be fed excuse upon excuse. This has left me furious. I am not a venomous or bitter person. I am a 31 year old dog lover who's holiday has been wrecked. Please think again before booking. To prove my intentions I have posted pictures here of our mould covered furnishings.

• Stayed November 2011
13 Thank Lorraine P
Bristol,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Our caravan was lovely, clean, tidy and heating in every room which worked very efficiently. We went in the half term when the re was some horrendous rain and winds, but even so we stayed warm in our caravan. The entertainment team worked extremely hard and are a credit to the park. The indoor pool was fine. The staff were all very welcoming and helpful. It is not quite Haven standard but it is also less than half the price so what can you expect?

Room Tip: Sunbeam caravans are all new in 2010/11
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank A_JBristol_
BRIXHAM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

Having stayed at Tencreek for a week or two most years since 2005, we have never had any major complaints. If you look at the number of reviews on this website it must be a miniscule proportion of holidaymakers that are unlucky enough to have a bad holiday.
Caravans: Around 150 statics, many older but every year since we have been coming old ones are taken off and newer ones put on. We have stayed in the cheapest to the best and obviously the newer ones are better, warmer, drier and tidier. I agree with other reviewers that all caravans should be clean whatever grade they are. They must get some extreme wear and tear so maybe laminate flooring would be better than carpets which for some reason are often beige!! Holidaymakers also need to take responsibility for their own space - I mean for example, filthy surfaces sticky handles, dirty mugs etc.,as pointed out by some reviewers, surely these should not be left in that state anyway? Dirty carpets? My kids take their muddy shoes off when coming in the caravan just as they would at home. But clearly some holidaymakers treat their accommodation badly and are then likely to moan when they get less than perfect caravans the next time.
It is worth paying more for better quality caravans but peak season these can be £700 or so which is not cheap.
However, A lady in the launderette told me that the biggest moaners are 'Sun holidaymakers' on a £15 break and expecting to be given a top of the range caravan.
If your caravan is dirty ask for the head of housekeeping to come and see it, they are supposed to check each van after cleaning, so the buck stops with them.

Park: Lovely setting, beautiful sea views, clean and tidy. could do with something more attractive as you enter, as others have said, flower tubs, hanging baskets etc would soften an extremely industrial effect.
Facilities: Mediocre indoor pool, clubhouse a bit 70's but staff and kids club team are great..
Area:Looe and Polperro are gorgeous, coastal path walks, lots to do in the area and plenty of places to eat.
Overall, we like tencreek, and my standards of cleanliness are very high, shabby and worn I can acccept if thats what I pay for but dirty no, and I have never had cause to find our caravan dirty.

Room Tip: try and choose a mid to top range for newer and better caravans
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank JANE D
Essex
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

Some of the positive reviews on here are truly hilarious, I can't believe that we all stayed at the same place as this is one of the worst caravan parks we have ever been to. I particularly enjoyed the reviewer who said that the cleaning staff spend up to an hour and a half on each caravan! I would love to know what the staff were doing in our caravan for that long because they were not cleaning it. Contrary to earlier reviews the site does look like an industrial estate and is a bit of a dump especially around the reception area.
On arrival the lady in reception told my husband that the carpets were a bit muddy so they had been scrubbed before we arrived but there had not been time for a deep clean as they wouldn't have dried in time. This is a complete lie as you could tell that the carpets have never been cleaned and were still very dirty. Obviously they get regular complaints about the carpets so she tells you the little 'story' about mud so you don't go charging straight back to her to moan!
Nice sea view from the van and that is the only good thing about this park .Our caravan was horrible, the aforementioned very dirty carpet all the way through with mould growing on the beds. None of the work services and the table had been cleaned. I cleaned them myself with a lovely bottle of disinfectant and the kitchen towel was black with dirt and grime - yuk! Floor was sticky in the kitchen, the bathroom floor was vile and yes I had to clean in there too. The window in the kids bedroom leaked so they got wet in the night when it rained yet again. The tv made an awful loud whiny noise that drove us all quite mad. Door handles on the cupboards in the kitchen were sticky and grimy. The heating was useless, all huddling around the gas fire every evening trying to get warm and not succeeding. It was very damp so we couldn't get our towels dry. This van was supposed to be pet free and yet was still disgusting. Thank goodness we took our own bedding - just imagine what nasty grimy sheets we would have got!!
People on here have been saying that you get what you pay for. Well surely every caravan should actually be properly cleaned more than once a year, get the carpets deep cleaned and have no mould regardless of how much you pay. I can't think why anyone would return to this hovel of a holiday park unless you like cold, disgusting, mouldy caravans. I guess that anyone who had a good holiday here in a nice caravan is very very lucky.
We left 2 days early as we were fed up and couldn't wait to get back home! Cornwall is lovely however, we loved Polperro, Looe and the Eden Project. All worth going to as long as you stay in a nice warm cottage and not in manky cold caravans!

Room Tip: There is no way of choosing anything good about this place except to say go and stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Tracey F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Looe
The Claremont Hotel
Fieldhead Hotel
#4 of 7 in Looe
Trelawne Manor Holiday Park
Killigarth Manor Holiday Park

Been to Tencreek Holiday Park? Share your experiences!