Tencreek Holiday Park
Talland Bay Hotel(Porthallow)
US$294
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewssunbeam caravanon siteswimming poolholiday parkhard standingclean sitetalland bayon arrivalevening entertainmentkids clubgreat sitechildren and adultstake awayentertainment staffplay areamin drivelovely walk
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here last week, the caravan was ok but I was glad I took our own bedding. The quilts supplied were filthy. We were just behind reception it was so noisy from the club. I'd read good reviews about this site but I wouldn't stay there again. We arrived at 3 in the afternoon to be told we were too early and couldn't check in until 4.30 we went off came back at 5 and they were just finishing our caravan!

Room Tip: Don't have a caravan near the club as the staff shout in the microphone!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FlorenceH465
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We had an awesome week at tencreek plenty of things to see and do on the park we and the kids made good use of the indoor heated pool and kids the play areas. We also had good weather for the week so managed to do a bit of snorkeling at the local beach talland bay the walk down from the park is breathtaking and the walk back up will take your breath away (all uphill). We travelled down as a party of 3 couples and 6 children and all thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Loose is a must see and Polperro also. The only downside was that the shower block near us didnt have hot water for that week and had to use the other block but both were clean and tidy. Tencreek Holiday Park is somewhere that we'll return again and again......Thanks

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank gavin639
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Never In all my life have I stopped anywhere so boring,overpriced,and dirty! Me and my partner wanted a nice couple of days in Cornwall. On the 2nd of June 2014, After driving 5 hours we was greeted by a rude receptionist who said we were far too early to check in yet - this being 1pm.
We went a stroll around the site and found there was nothing to do on there. When we finally recived the keys we were comfronted by a dirty, dusty, smelly shack of a caravan. The sofa was covered in bleach marks and had a nasty smell therefore we didn't really want to sit down. The carpets were filthy and the kitchen was grimey. We had booked a two birth caravan and got a three birth. - not a benefit to us at all.
The bathroom was damp and the shower was very poor. Bathroom mirror had been removed from the cupboard door.
All the bedrooms smelt rank and had stains on the carpets and mouldy walls. Also having to light the oven with a match was not good, it wasn't nice having to go on your hands and knees to light it.
All the cutlery and plates etc had to be washed before use as they were not properly clean! The whole of the caravan was just grotty and we could not have a comfy stay there.
We only went to the club one night for about an hour as the beer was ridiculously overpriced, the entertainment was poor and noisy - not enjoyable at all.
It was nice being close to looe and polperro but unsafe to walk down the lane out of the camp site as we nearly got run over by a bloody big lorry delivering a caravan!
What I am trying to tell everyone is do NOT belive the glossy tencreek brochure because it most certainly tells you lies and and gives you falls information.as you think your getting a lovely caravan when really you get an old tin can! If you are visiting looe any time please do avoid this holiday park at all costs! As you would rather sleep with the seagulls!

• Stayed: June 2014
12  Thank Jimbob1994
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First visit to Tencreek. Tent pitch was huge and thankfully flat and in a very good position, close to all amenities but not too close to the entertainment block which could have been very noisy late at night. This site is close to Looe and Polperro and has great sea views.....we had a lovely walk into Looe and it took us about 20 minutes although part of the walk is down a VERY steep hill so we had a taxi to get back again. The campsite is clean, staff are friendly and we checked out the entertainment most nights. This ranged from talent contests, a comedian, an extreme juggler ( he was fantastic) and bingo most nights. Drinks were a bit pricey but nothing that I didn't expect and takeaway food was ok.
I found that the entertainment area got very hot and stuffy and could have done with being much bigger to accommodate the amount of people. Getting a seat was a challenge if you didn't arrive 3 hours beforehand.
Generally I was satisfied with my first experience on this site but have a couple of little niggles that I would like to mention.
1st - No hot water in the shower block nearest to us. We had to walk across the site to use the other one to have a shower/wash etc. Also washing up had to be carried further which I was miffed about.
2nd - There seems to be only 4 sinks to wash up on the whole site. With the loss of hot water in one block this meant there were only 2. We had to queue up to wash up - not happy about that!
Moans over I had a great holiday and would probably stay again if in the area and have stayed on much worse sites in my time.
Tencreek is generally a lovely site but they need to increase the amount of washing up sinks available.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank joan d
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed in Caravans furthest from the club house (thankfully as any closer the entertainment noise would have done my head in!) Sunbeam caravan, double glazed and heated (was really warm which is great) We stayed at 113 beautiful views of the green fields area and to the left a sea view. This was really peaceful, listening to birds and watching rabbits.

Unfortunately we found Caravan to be unclean & dusty, grime down by fridge on floor, fridge hadn't been wiped clean, had to wash all crockery and cutlery as food remains (even found bowl in cupboard with food still in it which had then been left in cupboard!), the carpet or sofa stank of what can only be described as the smell of urine (really off putting getting whiffs of this throughout the stay!), no matter how much we sprayed it as we'd rushed out to Morrisons as soon as we got there and armed ourselves with fabreeze and cleaning sprays and before unpacking I gave caravan a good clean.

I've stayed in many other caravans and have never had to clean the caravan on arrival in order to feel comfortable to stay. It wasn't really grotty but just not the standard you would expect, not to be mint just clean. Especially as check in wasn't until 4pm so I would expect a good clean/dust free caravan, before the next person checks in as plenty of time to do so.

The linen was however very clean and mattresses are made from a material which can be wiped clean.
The heating worked a treat. Be aware the hob may not work without matches.
Good amount of tv channels available not that we watched much tv but good its there if needed.
Shower was warm every day we used it just not very powerful but it was fine.
Lots of storage space in caravan also and some hangers in the cupboards.

Park looks well kept and clean. Great football cage for kids to enjoy and a nice park too.

The kids entertainment in the evening I felt was repetitive and quite poor. My son liked the thought of going to the kids disco but this really was just a couple of songs and then few games. Could be much more creative with what they have I think. £3.50 for pint of coke, bit steep I think.

The site is a great location for visiting other places and ideally placed for this reason. We wont be returning due to our experience with the caravan but can see how this site can be enjoyed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family