“Short break to Schooner Point - Michael & Sandra Feb 2014”

Schooner Point Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 54 Looe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Wonderful four day break. Lovely en-suite bedroom with views over the river, nicely decorated with good facilities, little extras, and a large comfortable bed.

Carol and Dave were very welcoming, friendly and helpful, happily accommodating our diets and serving a wonderful choice of quality breakfasts and homemade cakes. They really did help make our break very special.

A very comfortable and relaxed base from which to explore the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Foredeck which was spacious and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed at Schooner point last weekend and it has everything you want from a B&B (including a bowl of sweets in your room) Dave and Carol made me feel very welcome and there is a real homely atmosphere about the place. I would highly recommend staying here and even if the service/rooms/atmosphere/views were not first class (which they were) the breakfast is well worth the trip alone!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Do not miss this special place. The care and friendliness of our hosts made us feel very comfortable. The breakfast was first class, with homemade bread and a delicious banana stack. The room was cozy and with every detail to make you at home. Thank you!

Room Tip: We choose the Anchorage room and loved the spacious bathroom with an excellent shower.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I'm sorry I only allowed myself two nights in Looe, whilst on my lightning tour of the UK. That was barely enough to do a hectic tour of Cornwall, but I couldn't have done it without having Schooner as my base. As soon as I arrived, Carol and Dave made me most welcome - Dave even carried my ultra-heavy bag up to my room, which was a real blessing after a long day of driving.

My room was perfect - with all the amenities I needed. I was even able to store my golfclubs in the Neal's secure shed while I was out exploring.

Breakfast was also perfect - especially the banana pancake stack (it was worth staying at Schooner for that alone).

Thank you Carol and Dave - if ever the chance recurs, I'll be back for a longer visit.

Room Tip: The Crow's Nest is perfect for a solo traveller, with fantastics views across the river...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2013

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, our 2 nights at Schooner point were lovely. For me, staying in a b&b is all about the hosts, and these guys really know how to make you feel at home. Carol's cakes & brekkie are superb, and Dave's banter is not far behind! We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Dave and Carol were extremely welcoming, and offered us freshly brewed tea and coffee as soon as we arrived, and even took our bags to our rooms so that we could relax whilst we looked at the view from the bay window.

They recommended places to eat that night, and we followed their advice and ate at the Smugglers Cott. We both ordered a starter and main, but couldn't finish them as the portions were huge! Getting into town is easy - it's about a 5 minute walk.

The bedroom itself was outstanding, beautifully decorated (recently refurbished?) with tasteful ornaments to bring the whole look together. Even a bowl of chocolates was provided, along with the usual tea/coffee making facilities. The bed was comfortable and I slept right through, even though I'm a very light sleeper.

The ensuite bathroom, again was lovely. No dirty grouting or cracked tiles to be seen! All bathroom products were provided, and we even had dressing gowns! Just one word of warning, the temperature of the shower fluctuated when water was being used elsewhere. It actually got extremely hot a couple of times. A child having that shower would have screamed the house down!! But the shower is big enough to step out of the way whilst the temperature sorts itself out. That was the ONLY gripe we had with our stay.

We had the front room at the top, which gave great views as the house is up a hill.

Breakfast in the morning, again was top notch. We opted for full English, and noted that they also cater for vegetarians and celiacs as standard! Again, plenty of tea and coffee, both served in beautiful white porceline in a modern design.

Would definitely recommend, and have done so already! Hope to go back :)

Room Tip: From what we've seen online, all the rooms are equally good!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clairenw
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed for a week and didn't want to come home! Carol and Dave made me feel very welcome. I felt totally spoilt by the chocolates left in my room and the daily supply of home made cake. Absolutely delicious! The full English breakfast was expertly cooked and I loved the banana stack, very indulgent. A great start to every day! Thanks to you both for having the best B&B I've ever stayed in :-)

Room Tip: Just call - Carol and Dave are really helpful and friendly.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo