“Moreish and delicious 😋”
Review of The Fish Market

The Fish Market
Ranked #7 of 89 Restaurants in Looe
Reviewed 17 March 2024

I am not one for following many restaurants on instagram- 3 is the total and the Fish Market in Looe is one of them.

Why - it was the Turbot in Bordelaise sauce that did it for me. Rarely seen but sooo delicious 😋 and moreish and that is what Fred at the Fish Market does supremely- slurp 😃

Finally we got to go- I have been following them for over a year now and I have made reservations to go at least twice. So finally the day arrives and we get to Looe on a rainy Saturday afternoon shortly before 3pm.

It is on the waterfront and has outside seating and has approx 20 indoor seats - Fred and his wife- didn’t get her name sorry and a bar back .

We ordered 3 oysters and a side of hand carved Serrano ham and the saffron Turbot with cubed apples for mains and a heritage tomato and burrata and Fred’s potatoes omgoodness me #sfd twas

Their bathroom was even nice 👌🏽

Thank you Fred for being all that I dreamt of for over a year 😉

Reviewed 8 March 2024

Amazing food and ambience with a perfect view across the quay.

We both had Scallops with ham hock to start and the explosion of flavour was immense. It really was one of those dishes where by you don’t want it to end.

A dish that was beautifully cooked and with excellent presentation.

We then had half lobster and a dover sole with sides of asparagus and Fred’s spuds. The quality was second to none.

I had emailed the restaurant regarding arranging a birthday cake for my Partner and they were brilliant. My partner was totally surprised when Fred himself brought it out singing Happy Birthday. A really lovely touch and made the evening complete… Thank you!

A special mention to (the Manager front of house) Lisa who was really warm and welcoming.upon our arrival thoroughly attentive but, not in your face and just added to our whole culinary experience. Thank you!

I can honestly say this restaurant is going to be one of our new faves. I’m so glad we chose this restaurant for my Partner’s birthday dinner, he absolutely loved it. Thank you!

Reviewed 2 March 2024 via mobile

This was our 4th visit and it did not disappoint,as always the food and service were excellent. If you decide to go make sure you book in advance,we’ve already booked our table for June.

Reviewed 29 February 2024 via mobile

The food was INSANE! Simply put, I wouldn’t hesitate to eat here again, and again, and again!!! Bravo to the whole team, you’ve got a gem of a restaurant!

Date of visit: February 2024
Reviewed 19 February 2024

This was our first visit to The Fish Market since its extensive refurbishment and what a great job they have done. Another first for us was their Chef’s Table offering. This really was excellent, five sumptuous course in addition to which we added the optional drinks pairing, some diverse choices all of which accompanied the food beautifully. All courses were fully narrated by chef Fred, and we enjoyed watching the extreme care put into each plate that left his kitchen, at the same time admiring the fun that all the staff seemed to be having, despite the pressure of delivering to the high standards they have set themselves. The Fish Market continues to offer a totally first class dining experience in every respect.

Date of visit: February 2024