“Amazing!”
Review of The Fish Market

The Fish Market
Ranked #7 of 89 Restaurants in Looe
Reviewed 5 April 2024

Lovely evening with the family. The food was amazing and cooked to perfection the service was outstanding. Brilliant restaurant to eat out in.

Date of visit: April 2024

Reviewed 31 March 2024 via mobile

Lovely evening, great fish and seafood. Enjoyed the Chef’s table and feeling of earning on the quay. Big thanks to Fred and his team for a most enjoyable evening. I love seeing a young entrepreneur making a real go of it.

Reviewed 26 March 2024

Without doubt,the meal we had tonight was exceptional. The restaurant is relaxed and charming, with great service. The wines are well chosen, and then there's the food. The plate of peppers, Iberico ham, and anchovies were flavoursome and great quality, then the main courses were fabulous - we each chose 2 things including cured salmon, monkfish, scallops, bream and turbot. The side dishes of ceasar salad and Fred's potatoes were by no means secondary and were delicious in their own right. The baked cheesecake with rhubarb was yummy and the chocolate with salt and olive oil was sensational. A truly memorable meal. Thank you!

Reviewed 17 March 2024

I am not one for following many restaurants on instagram- 3 is the total and the Fish Market in Looe is one of them.

Why - it was the Turbot in Bordelaise sauce that did it for me. Rarely seen but sooo delicious 😋 and moreish and that is what Fred at the Fish Market does supremely- slurp 😃

Finally we got to go- I have been following them for over a year now and I have made reservations to go at least twice. So finally the day arrives and we get to Looe on a rainy Saturday afternoon shortly before 3pm.

It is on the waterfront and has outside seating and has approx 20 indoor seats - Fred and his wife- didn’t get her name sorry and a bar back .

We ordered 3 oysters and a side of hand carved Serrano ham and the saffron Turbot with cubed apples for mains and a heritage tomato and burrata and Fred’s potatoes omgoodness me #sfd twas

Their bathroom was even nice 👌🏽

Thank you Fred for being all that I dreamt of for over a year 😉

Reviewed 8 March 2024

Amazing food and ambience with a perfect view across the quay.

We both had Scallops with ham hock to start and the explosion of flavour was immense. It really was one of those dishes where by you don’t want it to end.

A dish that was beautifully cooked and with excellent presentation.

We then had half lobster and a dover sole with sides of asparagus and Fred’s spuds. The quality was second to none.

I had emailed the restaurant regarding arranging a birthday cake for my Partner and they were brilliant. My partner was totally surprised when Fred himself brought it out singing Happy Birthday. A really lovely touch and made the evening complete… Thank you!

A special mention to (the Manager front of house) Lisa who was really warm and welcoming.upon our arrival thoroughly attentive but, not in your face and just added to our whole culinary experience. Thank you!

I can honestly say this restaurant is going to be one of our new faves. I’m so glad we chose this restaurant for my Partner’s birthday dinner, he absolutely loved it. Thank you!