“Over priced, Awful”

Fleur Cafe
Ranked #20 of 84 Restaurants in Looe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: By day, Fleur is a tearoom serving breakfasts, local specialities and homemade lunches and desserts.6 nights a week Fleur Tapas opens, serving freshly prepared Tapas dishes with a mix of local and Spanish flavours. BYOB
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were extremely disappointed with this café. We had pate and toast, a cheese sandwich a small coke and a lemonade and it cost just under £17!!! the waitress had no idea what she was doing and kept messing things up, tried to take out order twice, asked if we would like to hear the days specials then couldn't remember what they were. very average food at best, grossly over priced. Would not advise anyone to eat here.
We understand that coastal town eateries may charge a little more but this was ridiculous. We ate a lovely fish supper at a very popular fish and chip restaurant and it was cheaper than the cheese sandwich at this café!

1  Thank Sally D

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely cream tea in here, one of the best this holiday. My mum had a cappuccino which was the best we'd had on our holiday, lovely and strong with nice froth, and not too expensive.

1  Thank Christopher G
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stopped here for breakfast as there was very little else open at 9.15am on a Monday morning. Found a table free for me and my two young children and ordered breakfast for all of us plus drinks. The kids breakfast was a bit too big and an individual selection may have been a better offering but it arrived quickly and was very fresh and hot. The decor needs a bit of TLC I think, the tables and chairs are quite rickety but I suppose some people may think it has a certain charm. The walls are plastered in all manner of leaflets, posters and adverts for things going on in Looe which comes across as untidy looking. However, I could not fault the attentive and polite staff. Our breakfast bill came to £18.95, quite a lot for what we had but as i say, there was no alternative.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

During our recent holiday, Looe was our nearest large centre which we often travelled though on journeys out in the morning and again on our way to our chalet in the afternoon. Café Fleur became the perfect place for the family to visit to fuel our trips.

Breakfasts excellent and as for the afternoon cream teas and homemade deserts the best we had in Cornwall (the lemon meringue pie is to die for) while the mouth watering chocolate cake Yum Yum, my son asked for repeat visits just so he could eat the cake even if it meant he would have to eat his vegetables first.

The staff provided a warm and friendly service checking to ensure that everything was satisfactory, and ensuring that sufficient seating was available to groups and families entering the café by rearranging the setting as required to accommodate families with young children ( various toys available for the children to use). Not much room for buggies but most of these are collapsible these days anyways.

Enjoyed our visits to Café Fleur and we will return on our next visit to Cornwall, my husband for the crab sandwiches ( local fish market on the key at Looe) and myself and our sons for the delightful deserts. We can't wait.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have visited this cafe several times in the past but this was the first time in about 18 months. Was very disappointed by it's now scruffy interior. Chipped paintwork gave the impression that it was dirty but I don't think it actually was. It seriously needs an overhaul. The staff were friendly but not very efficient, they got my order wrong and it wasn't a difficult order, and the cafe was only moderately busy at the time. I asked for a coffee and was asked large or small I asked for small...it certainly was! Small cup and only just over half full, the cake I ordered never arrived. I was offered the coffee for free but also told that the waitress couldn't have heard me but she repeated my order, I paid for the coffee as I had drunk it, and it was nice coffee but at the price far too small. I try to visit independent establishments rather than chains but could have had a cup 3 times larger for th e price. Think next time I visit Looe I will go elsewhere