“Great hotel in fab location”

Hannafore Point Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Looe
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This was my third visit to this hotel and it was definitely the best. Beautiful room with view to die for. We spent a very enjoyable masonic ladies evening with delicious food, good music and great company, cant wait for next years 'do'!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank FlickerDevon
Hannafore P, Manager at Hannafore Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear FlickerDevon

Thank you for leaving such lovely comments. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your room and Masonic ladies night.

I look forward to welcoming back to the hotel.

There are newer reviews for Hannafore Point Hotel

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We enjoyed a couple of nights here in this beautiful location which is in walking distance of Looe, which is also very pretty. Check in was efficient helped by welcoming staff. Breakfast was filling and being able to have this with the panoramic views of the bay was a great plus. The bar area is pleasant and the entertainment on halloween was also enjoyable. However, the rooms are in need of refurbishment - tired, old and damaged furniture alongside a bathroom far older than we are really did mean that despite the positives for the communal facilities the room really let down the experience. We also suspect the room had not been let for a period of time as it was so dusty. Overall a good base for a couple of days but not good value value for money when compared to the small hotels that we like to stay or for that matter the chains hotels that are out there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lou1232013

Dear lou1232013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comment regarding your stay at the hotel.

It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed our breakfast and stunning sea views of Looe bay. I will pass on your comments to the team.

We are currently half way through a refurbishment program for all our rooms, with extra focus on bathrooms and this is due to be completed by Easter 2014.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Me and my partner were looking to stay at a hotel in looe. We came across The Hannafore point hotel and decided to stay one night. Really nice location, great food, really professional service and an overall great atmosphere. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank lawrence1584

Dear lawrence1584

Thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback. It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We experienced a friendly welcome and nothing seemed too much trouble for the staff. We enquired about visiting Looe Island when going out one evening and by our return the lovely smiley lady on reception had the information for us. The hotel appeared fresh and clean and we would happily stay there again. The buffet breakfast had a good choice with a great sea view to enjoy our breakfast. A lovely sea view from our room with comfortable bed and amenities. great walking base with wonderful cliff walks to Seaton or Polperro in the other direction. We found this to be a lovely friendly seaside town with harbour in centre. We recommend Sally's pasties and Roskilly's gooseberry icecream.

3  Thank gill m

Dear Gill M

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely comments about your stay at the Hannafore Point Hotel, it was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your time with us and I will pass on your feedback to the team.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed 13 September 2013

just enjoyed 5 nights DBB in this super seaside hotel where nothing is too much trouble for the hard working staff -chef and kitchen staff deserve high praise for inventive suculent dishes to a very high standard- will definately return

Room Tip: definately have a sea view room
3  Thank william f
Hannafore P, Manager at Hannafore Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear William f

Many thanks for taking the time to leave some lovely feedback; It was a pleasure to read it and see you had enjoyed you stay.

I will pass on your comments to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

First impressions at entrance and reception staff very good, easy check in warm and friendly. The lift is a little rickety but it worked for the duration of our three night stay. Our room, standard double, any smaller would have felt small but was adequate, bathroom very good, room a little dated but very clean. The TV was rubbish most freeview channels faded in and out and never got bbc1 or 2 for the duration, and when we flushed the toilet it went on the blink--bizarre.
Dinner in the bar was a disaster. They have three menu`s and I ordered from one and my partner from another, as she finished her dinner, mine arrived, I was not happy and complained to the staff and got nothing more than a sorry. Hence we didn't eat there again. I was so cheeseed off I didn't enjoy it, so I can`t give an honest review on the taste.
The pool area and gym are pretty good although the sauna and steam room are on a different level, I didn't use either as I would have dripped all over the place.
Breakfast is very good, plenty of it, juice, cereals and full English, and other items at extra cost. The waitresses were very pleasant and attentive.
Considering it appeared to be a quiet time in Looe generally, parking was an absolute nightmare at the hotel. They have about 25 dedicated car spaces, after returning to the hotel early evening or late evening, we could not park easily, one evening I sat in the car for 55 minutes waiting for a space, the other two evenings 35 mins and 20 mins. They do have some kind of dance event for guests and I presume locals come too, and the gym for non residents, hence the parking issues I guess.
We stayed 2nd September for three nights, we are 50 and 51 and figured we were the youngest people staying, most were in their 60`s and 70`s and maybe even older.
Generally the hotel is Ok, fantastic views and a good location.

2  Thank prince61

Dear prince61

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Firstly may I apologise for the TV we have had some issues with certain make and model of the TV not being compatible with our system, we have since replaced that make of TV.

I can only apologise for the mix up with your bar meals, I will speak you my Bar Supervisor and unsure that steps are put in place that this does not happen again.

With regards to parking this is something we are working on at the moment, we find that people not staying in the hotel park in the car park and go elsewhere, as this is a huge issue for us we are looking at an improved deterrent and this should be in place soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

The public rooms (restaurant and bar) are nice and well kept, the bedrooms less so. The rooms are small, the beds not very comfortable and both the bedroom and bathroom need seriously updating. The restaurant dinner was expensive and only OK, (my local Plaice was overcooked and the vegetables were poor). Breakfast was a buffet which was a shame, why not invest a little more in cooked to order breakfast? For 200 GBP for bed, dinner and breakfast, not good value for money. The view was from our room was spectacular, but that's just the hotel's good fortune!

Room Tip: Ask for sea view, I have no idea what the rooms on the other side of the corridor overlook.
1  Thank Liz F

Dear Lizziefin

Firstly my apologies you did not feel the food was up to standard, I will pass these comment back to my Head Chef. We at the hotel feel the buffet breakfast is more favored choice for our guests and it allows customers to have as little or as much as they would like. All of the cooked breakfast items are freshly cooked and are monitored frequently. I will pass your comment on the breakfast team.

We are currently in the planning stages to upgrade and renew our rooms, with focus on our bathrooms; this work is due to start in October and will finish by the New Year.

Hopefully if you will consider returning the New Year and see the improvement that will be made.