“Fine print!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Looe
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Fine print!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Hannafore Point Hotel. the views are stunning and the room was very comfortable. We did intend to have dinner but there was private function and the staff told us that they wouldn't be able to cope with our dinner party of 7. The occasion was a joint 65 th birthday. Our children had bought hotel gift vouchers towards our 2 night stay. The receptionist on the desk when we arrived told us she couldn't deduct the voucher from the total cost as the booking had not been made directly with the hotel. I asked if she could refund the voucher (£130). I was told 'no' as the vouchers were non- refundable! After creating a fuss, the receptionist told us that she would deduct it but it would be a lot of hard work! On the day of our departure I asked if we could transfer a deposit I had made for a separate future event. The event has been re-scheduled for 2016 instead of 2015. The same receptionist told me that she could transfer and that others attending the same event in 2016 had asked for deposits to be transferred and it was a 'lot of hard work' to change on the computer booking system. Unfortunately, these two issues with the same member of staff spoiled an otherwise lovely stay. Oh! & the hotel lost out on a dinner bill of £181! I can only assume they don't need the business. Just have to say that all the other staff we met were lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view with balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Cleanliness
4 Thank Walshsu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights as a single traveller on a coach holiday. I paid an acceptable surcharge for a superb sea-facing well appointed double room with terrace. The hotel location is splendid and I happened to be very lucky with the weather.

The public rooms are delightful, I enjoyed the food very much, and all the staff I encountered were efficient and friendly, so I really can't find anything to criticise.

The ground floor of the building is given over to a café bar which is completely independent of the hotel. I had no reason to use it, so can't comment on that facility.

Room Tip: Well worth paying extra for a sea-facing room. Not all rooms have full lift access, for example mi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AngelaFrance
Hannafore P, General Manager at Hannafore Point Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear AngelaFrance

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely comments regarding your stay at the hotel.

It was a pleasure to read your enjoyed the view from your room, our public areas and how helpful you found the staff, I will pass your comments on to my team.

I would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

South Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped off for a drink whilst walking in the area, nice to sit outside and have a beer, shame about people smoking around us but then again it's allowed after all! Bar man very nice and polite. Great view from the terrace. Kids had bowls of chips to satisfy their hunger. Will return and possibly stay?

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Easylife1
Dear Easylife1

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your visit to the hotel.

It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed the views from our terrace.

Unfortunately other guests can smoke on the terrace and this can sometimes be at the inconvenience of others, my apologies for this.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed for one night at the Hannafore Point hotel in West Looe. The hotel has good facilties and fantastic views across the bay. The rooms are a little dated but clean and the staff are helpful. Great location within easy walkable distance of the town along the inlet. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view if you can - you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear nickynoo74

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed the views we have to offer and that the you found my staff to be helpful.

We are currently working on our bedrooms and bathrooms, updating them as we can with modern bathroom fittings and fixtures, and new furnishings in our bedrooms. We aim to have this completed by the New Year

Bodmin, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Rather disappointed in this well known hotel. Without question the views from the terrace are stunning and the toilets were clean, but for me that is where the good news begins and ends. Only saw the bar and terrace area as just there for lunch, but this place is very tired. Wobbly tables/chairs, broken sun shades, uneven slabs, cigarette butts on the terrace, ants...the list goes on. As for the food, average at best. Small portions, salad that reflected the hotel, tired and rather lifeless. This place needs money spending on it, rather large amounts of money I suspect, but given it's superb location that would be money well spent for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
1 Thank AdrianCrocker
Dear AdrianCrocker

Thank you for taking the time to leave you comments regarding your visit to the hotel.

I am sorry to hear you found the hotel to be tired, we are currently under going a refurbishment of our rooms and public areas; this process takes time to complete however we aim to have the hotel updated by the New Year.

I have looked at the tables and chairs and some I have had tighten as they were a little wobbly my apologies for this.

I have spoken to my Chef with regards to the food, I am surprised to read it was average, we receive many compliment regarding our food and I am sure that the problem you experienced was a one off for the hotel.

I take on board your comments regarding the fact money needs to be spent on the hotel, as I have said we are currently investing a great deal of money focusing on our bedroom and public areas with huge plans to completely refurbish our leisure facilities in the new year.

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I would never stay here! I can't believe I did!
The room was dated . The hotel had a odd smell! I was to tired to work out! The place needs to be pulled down and rebuilt.
The bed was uncomfortable. The bathroom was horrible! The only nice thing to say is the ladies serving breakfast!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Lucyanne H
Dear Wingbury

Thank you for taking the time your leave your feedback.

I am disappointed you read your comments, the room you had was one of four single room, the standard in these room, meets the AA and visit England standards for single room 3 start rated.

It was a shame you did not raise your concerns to a member of my team as I am sure we could have had the opportunity to rectify this or upgrade you to a different room.

I had tested the mattress in the room, I have found it to be a little uncomfortable for which I apologies and I have since had the mattress replaced.

I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and show you the high standard of rooms we have. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to visit again

Hertfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Overlooking the sea at West Looe the Hannafore Point is situatuated with a commanding view of the harbour entrance.
I stayed here for a week on business and the hotel provided good facilities and nice friendly smiles everyday.
Breakfast OK in the restaurant overlooking the bay.
When I stayed there was a bus trip in the hotel and the guests seemed to be enjoying the ballroom dancing, but I didn't partake.
Although I didn't eat there it looked like there was a good seafood restaurant downstairs which was booked full every evening.
A short walk into Looe which offers the option of eating outside the hotel if required.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a sea view as opposed to one overlooking the rear.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank GraemeHertfordshire
Dear GraemeHertfordshire

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely comments regarding your stay.

I will pass on your feedback to my team.