Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2020

We stayed at Rivercroft for four nights. It is on the 'main' road through Looe and does not have its own parking. However, we always managed to park in the car park opposite or on the street.
It is up the side of the hill, so be prepared for a bit of a climb each time you return!
The rooms are cosy but perfectly adequate. We had two rooms which was interesting. We gave my mum the room on the first floor to save her having to go up even more stairs to the room we had on the top floor.
Both rooms were fairly compact but my mum's was noticeably bigger. My husband and I did get in each other's way on several occasions! Not so when we had coffee in Mum's room. Her room also had a wonderful sash window and window seat. Ours had a large window but only the two small windows at the top opened. We did visit on the hot humid weekend mid-august but we struggled to keep our room cool. It was uncomfortably hot at times. Whereas my mum was able to keep her room cooler more easily.
Everything was clean. The towels were lovely! Rooms were not serviced due to Covid. However, additional tea, coffee, sugar and milk were always available outside the restaurant - as well as toilet rolls!! I assume if you needed your bin emptying or were staying particularly long, arrangements could have been made. It was possible to renew towels by leaving them outside your door. New towels where then waiting for you on the door handle when you returned! Beds were comfortable. Landlady and husband were friendly and helpful. Over looking the river was lovely.
Breakfast was lovely. Not sure how different it was to pre-Covid times but it worked well. A limited continental to help yourself to and hot options up to a full English available. Tables were well-spaced and tea and coffee in plentiful supply.
The restaurant was not open for evening meals for the entirety of our stay. No idea why. Didn't cause us a problem but it would have been nice to have known this before we arrived...just in case.
The biggest issue was not the hotel's fault - noise overnight. I paid for river view rooms. If we were to return I think I would consider forfeiting that view and having a room at the back. Every night, except the Sunday, we were disturbed by noisy 'revellers'. Saturday night was particularly bad with noise continuing until 3.30-4am! We're no party poopers but smashing glass, yelling, screaming, congregating in the car park and playing loud music, and then tearing up and down the road in cars is unnecessary and inexcusable. At one point there was an almighty screeching of tyres and I braced myself for the crash or thud or scream. Fortunately, it never came and, when I looked out, it appeared to be idiots just mucking about. This is clearly an issue Looe needs to address but it would make me think before re-booking this, or any other hotel on this street, in the future.
It's a shame, because if it were not for that, we would definitely consider returning.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank HelenJC73
Reviewed 29 December 2019

Perfect for our needs. Over looking the estuary. Lots of pubs,café and places to eat.
Comfortable beds and great breakfast. Landlady friendly and a font of knowledge on local attractions. Will return in the summer.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Passenger20192732559, Owner at The Rivercroft Hotel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2019

So Glad you enjoyed your weekend and look forward to meeting you all again. Julie

Reviewed 4 November 2019

went to Looe to do some walking on the coast so booked in for three nights, unfortunately burst appendix two weeks before, so holiday turned into recouparation. however had a brilliant time and was well looked after by the staff and the excellent food.

Room tip: obviously harbour and river view rooms will be dearer but if you have not stayed in looe before it will be more than worth it
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 4 October 2019

Stayed here for four nights during Looe Live music festival. I can't fault this hotel. My friends and I were made to feel at home and nothing was too much bother for the lovely couple running it. The rooms were comfortable and the breakfasts were amazing. I would highly recommend the poached eggs. The bar is friendly and has a great happy hour which both guests and locals enjoy. I will definitely be making a return visit.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne A
Reviewed 1 October 2019

We love staying here and do so several times a year with friends and family. Accommodation is comfortable and provides everything you need. Breakfasts are delicious and evening meals have some great offers. Owners are lovely people, very chatty, and will resolve any problems. The bar is cosy and inviting, staff are great. This hotel has always given us everything we need to have a decent nights sleep, fab breakfast and a wonderful stay in Looe.

Date of stay: September 2019