Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2020

Once again i visited Looe for a relaxing stay and once again i was not disappointed as the Rivercroft Hotel although being very Covid aware and compliant, took nothing away from the great food (Evening and Morning) and excellent service from the management and the Bar staff. I shall definitely return again next year.

Room tip: pay slightly higher for a view of the river and bridge, its well worth it
Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 2 October 2020 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in a suite end of Sept 2020
I would not rate this hotel as a 4 star. The room was clean and tidy but very dated and a bit tired. The shower was totally inadequate and at one point stopped working. There was no heating and when questioned was told this was being sorted but it never was. Food-Evening meal of fish & chips was like a meal from the freezer. Breakfast - average.
Positive- The bed was comfortable and friendly staff.
We will not be returning.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2020

Check in was v easy. Clean and spacious room with a view over the river.
Hotel was fully booked but social distancing was adhered to.
Service at breakfast was very good, a great selection.
The location is perfect for a base to explore .

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 18 August 2020

We stayed at Rivercroft for four nights. It is on the 'main' road through Looe and does not have its own parking. However, we always managed to park in the car park opposite or on the street.
It is up the side of the hill, so be prepared for a bit of a climb each time you return!
The rooms are cosy but perfectly adequate. We had two rooms which was interesting. We gave my mum the room on the first floor to save her having to go up even more stairs to the room we had on the top floor.
Both rooms were fairly compact but my mum's was noticeably bigger. My husband and I did get in each other's way on several occasions! Not so when we had coffee in Mum's room. Her room also had a wonderful sash window and window seat. Ours had a large window but only the two small windows at the top opened. We did visit on the hot humid weekend mid-august but we struggled to keep our room cool. It was uncomfortably hot at times. Whereas my mum was able to keep her room cooler more easily.
Everything was clean. The towels were lovely! Rooms were not serviced due to Covid. However, additional tea, coffee, sugar and milk were always available outside the restaurant - as well as toilet rolls!! I assume if you needed your bin emptying or were staying particularly long, arrangements could have been made. It was possible to renew towels by leaving them outside your door. New towels where then waiting for you on the door handle when you returned! Beds were comfortable. Landlady and husband were friendly and helpful. Over looking the river was lovely.
Breakfast was lovely. Not sure how different it was to pre-Covid times but it worked well. A limited continental to help yourself to and hot options up to a full English available. Tables were well-spaced and tea and coffee in plentiful supply.
The restaurant was not open for evening meals for the entirety of our stay. No idea why. Didn't cause us a problem but it would have been nice to have known this before we arrived...just in case.
The biggest issue was not the hotel's fault - noise overnight. I paid for river view rooms. If we were to return I think I would consider forfeiting that view and having a room at the back. Every night, except the Sunday, we were disturbed by noisy 'revellers'. Saturday night was particularly bad with noise continuing until 3.30-4am! We're no party poopers but smashing glass, yelling, screaming, congregating in the car park and playing loud music, and then tearing up and down the road in cars is unnecessary and inexcusable. At one point there was an almighty screeching of tyres and I braced myself for the crash or thud or scream. Fortunately, it never came and, when I looked out, it appeared to be idiots just mucking about. This is clearly an issue Looe needs to address but it would make me think before re-booking this, or any other hotel on this street, in the future.
It's a shame, because if it were not for that, we would definitely consider returning.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank HelenJC73
Reviewed 29 December 2019

Perfect for our needs. Over looking the estuary. Lots of pubs,café and places to eat.
Comfortable beds and great breakfast. Landlady friendly and a font of knowledge on local attractions. Will return in the summer.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Passenger20192732559, Owner at The Rivercroft Hotel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2019

So Glad you enjoyed your weekend and look forward to meeting you all again. Julie