Lock in the lowest price from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2021

Well,where shall I start?!
This was my third visit,and first visit with my son and wanted to have a lovely two days away with him in Looe by the sea.

We enjoyed our hotel room,we were lucky to have the river view room. Hotel is very close to the town centre but parking is a nightmare. No lifts at the hotel. We had to carry our suitcases and bags all the way to the third floor with no-one to help.

My son and I went to have breakfast,entered the restaurant,I believe the old lady is the owner,she told us to put our masks on in a very rude manner. I said we are exempt as we are both on the autistic spectrum. She gave me a speech about the latest numbers of Covid in a very rude manner where all the guests could hear. Suffering with anxiety you don't want all eyes on you!!
We walked to choose a table for us and she shouted us from where she was to choose one with two servings. Suffering with anxiety, after being told off to put my mask on,of course I couldnt see the difference. I asked aren't they the same,and she shouted again,that I am at the wrong table,and again all eyes on us!
At that point I was fuming and finally saw that next table had two servings.

She came to take our orders,and I asked if they have any cheese,she said no. I asked if they have any kind of cheese,she said they have hollumi which she can bring. After waiting for 20 mins for hollumi,she brought a bowl of grated cheddar cheese but no hallumi!
I was very upset with her behaviour and she ruined my happy mood in the morning I planned this journey for my son so that we can have lovely time togethr.My son who is 13,we were there for just couple of days to enjoy our short holiday.
When you are away from home,on holiday,all you need is some hospitality. Kind manners.

Room tip: No lifts at the hotel,no parking close by.
Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 17 August 2021

We have been to Looe for many years and have always said "we must try the Rivercroft".... yet always forgetting. We eventually pre-booked a table some months ago and really looked forward to a meal out with views for a change.... you certainly get the views of the estuary and people desperately trying to reverse park below.
The bar and restaurant are adequately laid out for social distancing and appear very clean and tidy and the pint I had (Guinness) was very moorish.
After being sat at the table by clearly inexperienced waiting staff we went to order some food, sadly it went downhill form there.
My wife, 8 year old daughter (that's the key bit here) and I had to choose from the menu.... seasonal as they change it twice a year, so not as advertised on their website and not an extensive choice but adequate enough.

The steak deal.... rump steak chips and peas and an jumbo onion ring.... unable to change the chips for new potatoes as it's a meal deal.... strange but OK, we'll go with two of those one for my wife and the other for my 8 year old daughter.
I had the T-Bone steak with new potatoes and salad..... but no still no option for swapping the chips for potatoes.... but we'll go with it.

Our daughter has a strong dislike to mushrooms, so we asked if they could be added to our meals... that wasn't a problem until we overheard the waiting staff say:
"The kid doesn't want mushrooms, the mum will have them" through the serving hatch
My daughter maybe a kid... BUT, to waiting staff she must surely must be a child or young lady and but a kid, not in my opinion. But when all the two waiting staff want to do is giggle, mess about and not earn some extra tip money, what do you expect.

We where then asked if we wanted anything else.....'erm dessert menu perhaps".

It was then enough was enough and we decided to pay and leave and on the way out noticed that they do in fact have an additional menu..... A CHILD'S ONE... or maybe a "kids" menu!!! With a better selection of meals for the younger/smaller appetites, shame we were only given the seasonal menu on the table!

When mentioning to the manager (I believe) about the issues he said "I'll have a word".

All in all the food was good, just let down by a rigid menu and inexperienced staff and as a continuous visitors to Looe, very doubtful we will return

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2021

We visited the Rivercroft Hotel last night for a meal whilst we were staying in Looe. It’s a lovely location overlooking the estuary, the staff were very friendly and attentive. The scallop and chorizo starter was delicious followed by a perfectly cooked fillet steak. Will most definitely visit again on our next trip to Looe!!

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 7 June 2021 via mobile

Stopped off here for evening meal after a fantastic day on the beach. Steak, chips, peas and mushrooms for £11. Great value , steak cooked perfectly to order and delivered to our table in no time at all. We have eaten here previously and have never been disappointed. Great value food and a bonus if you eat within happy hour as drinks are cheaper too.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2021 via mobile

Stayed at this lovely Hotel for 3 nights.Rooms were clean and tidy ,staff friendly and helpful. Easy access to Looe Town centre along with a 5 minute walk to beach. The views over the Estuary from the Bar and Breakfast room were a delight.Breakfast was included with a good variety of options from Fresh fruit also cereals plus the Full English breakfast.Parking is a short walk from the Hotel .Would definitely stay here again .

Date of stay: June 2021