On arrival at the elegant white building is supplemented by large grounds with ample car parking, on this our second visit to the Trelaske Hotel. We received a high level of hospitality and efficiency throughout our stay from Hazel, one of the owners, she works tirelessly at the front of house. We were accommodated in room No.1 a pleasant comfortable westerly facing room with a French door leading to the patio and well tended garden, with its double bed, a settee, flat screen TV and en suite bathroom with a separate bath and shower and even luxury toilet paper! A tray of: bottled water, biscuits and hot drinks selection was refreshed regularly. The hotel being situated down a long lane preceded by two log cabin holiday cabin sites and benefits from a true countryside environmental with the sounds of birds and the site of rabbits on the lawns being the norm. Walks are available from the hotel without having to take to the main roads, a 2.5 mile walk to Looe follows the river through Kilminorth Woods, an easy down hill walk to Looe and a hard uphill climb back to the hotel. Ross the second owner is the chef and his standards are well beyond expectation, a well constructed varied menu utilizing local produce cooked to perfection. Following breakfast the menu for the evening meal is presented for selection for that evenings dinner, in order that the ingredients can be purchased fresh from local farmers and fishermen, some items on the menu are grown in the hotel's poly tunnels and the specialty breads are fresh home baked. The poorest item on the menu being the small jar Tiptree marmalade at breakfast. The work of the two owners is skilled and relentless with only limited assistance, the problems come from suffering a very hard years trade. It became a daily request for forgotten replacement shower gel. The hotel is suffering from a lack of occupation and this is reflected in the lack of spend on the hotel fabric, the carpets are very traditional (old) design and the stair carpet is beginning to wear and the decoration is also tiring. The toilet seat in room No 1 is a conventional design fitted to a square toilet bowl, the felt on the patio/bridge to the garden has a number of cracks which will lead to further deterioration, the comfortable lounge/bar has draylon chairs and it was a little cool in the evening as the heating was not on. The hotel brochures in reception are out of date, with last years prices quoted and the free local information leaflets are a bit of an untidy display.on the hall table The hotel and its owners deserve a higher level of trade as the hotel has a comfortable country house hotel feel, with good efficient hospitality and excellent food at a price below the expected level for this experience. We hope people will take up the quality on offer at a very reasonable price to reward the owners and enable re-investment in the hotels fabric.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trelaske Hotel & Restaurant is a multi award winning 3 star and 2 AA Rosette for excellent food independent and owner run small hotel. Voted the number 1 hotel in the Looe area according to independent reviews on TripAdvisor for the last 5 years. Set in 4 acres of peaceful gardens, conveniently located between Looe and Polperro. Owner run, we pride ourselves on personal service, comfortable rooms and fantastic seasonal food in a relaxing and peaceful environment. All rooms have balconies or patio areas and baths and showers with luxurious complementary toiletries and flat screen televisions. 3 lounge areas with full bar serving real Cornish ale and extensive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Trelaske Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trelaske Hotel And Restaurant
- Trelaske Hotel Looe
- Trelaske Hotel & Restaurant Looe, Cornwall