It would be hard to beat Trelaske on a value/quality basis. Hazel and Ross work incredibly hard to help this hotel to punch well above its weight. The highlight must be the food. If you like fish, you should certainly take the option for the evening meal. During our stay we ate John Dory, Turbot, Sea Bass, Crab and Lemon Sole, all freshly caught out of Looe. Ross has a natural talent for sauces, and there were always about 4 different vegetable dishes of the highest quality to accompany, mostly home grown. Desserts were also wonderful with a good selection, and breakfasts were filling with an excellent choice of soft fruit compotes and good quality English Breakfast. The bedroom we had (No. 6 in the garden) and the public rooms were spacious and could easily accommodate a larger number of guests than those occupying the 7 rooms. As it is only 3 star there is no air conditioning in the bedrooms which made for a little difficulty sleeping during the hottest week for 7 years. It would have been helpful to have had a single sheet rather than a duvet (we never asked so this may have been an option), which was far too hot. However, by keeping the back door and windows open all night, it was possible to get a through breeze, and in any case, everyone was having the same problems in their own home that week as well. Free (but often slow) Wi-Fi was available until 10pm in the main building only as the bedrooms appeared to be out of range. The hotel is secluded and peaceful in lovely grounds. Hazel is a very warm, helpful and friendly host. We appreciated details of local walks, and when my wife asked if there was any Natural Yoghurt, she kindly purchased some so it was available for the rest of our week. The area is lovely, but if you like walking around the coastline you need to be able to cope with the ups and downs of the coastal path. The walks from Looe to Talland Bay and Talland Bay to Polperro were especially good, and we loved the 'difficult to find and access' beach at Lantic Bay. We felt at the end, that we had got a great holiday for a remarkably cheap price. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to explore this lovely area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trelaske Hotel & Restaurant is a multi award winning 3 star and 2 AA Rosette for excellent food independent and owner run small hotel. Voted the number 1 hotel in the Looe area according to independent reviews on TripAdvisor for the last 5 years. Set in 4 acres of peaceful gardens, conveniently located between Looe and Polperro. Owner run, we pride ourselves on personal service, comfortable rooms and fantastic seasonal food in a relaxing and peaceful environment. All rooms have balconies or patio areas and baths and showers with luxurious complementary toiletries and flat screen televisions. 3 lounge areas with full bar serving real Cornish ale and extensive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Trelaske Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trelaske Hotel And Restaurant
- Trelaske Hotel Looe
- Trelaske Hotel & Restaurant Looe, Cornwall