“Really lives up to the reviews”

Trelaske Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Looe
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We chose the Trelaske Hotel on the amazing Tripadvisor ratings, and it absolutely lived up to them right from arrival to departure. Hazel very warm in her welcome, nothing too much trouble throughout our stay - treated us as friends not just as guests. Room and whole hotel immaculate.
We enjoyed Ross's cooking very much, for presentation, choice and taste. As a fish lover, I particularly liked the choice of fish landed at Looe Harbour and bought at the fish market there. (The fish market is well worth a visit).

2  Thank Lester Z

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to Trelaske from the 16-19th of May, a surprise trip for my wife. I wanted somewhere quiet, romantic, surrounded by nature and not too far from the sea. Trelaske met all our expectations.
Like many reviews on this little gem, I will mention Hazel. She gives the place the charm that it is becoming so well known for. Her great qualities as a hostess has been very appreciated. She makes an effort to find out what the guests are looking for in their stay and makes very well advised recommendations on activities and places to see.
Hazel also has a very good knowledge of the fantastic food served at the hotel and is able to very accurately guide the diners through the menu.
We enjoyed the walk through the woods down to Looe. The return will require a bit of effort, but very enjoyable nevertheless.
Our room was fantastic, our bed was so comfy and the place is so quiet and relaxing.
I will make a point of saying that the communication with Hazel before our arrival was superb. She replied to all my emails very promptly.
We have made the decision to return to Trelaske again, hopefully very soon.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having had meals at the hotel in previous years, it was time to stay over. We were greeted as family, shown to our room, clean and tidy. Meals were well presented, excellently prepared and delicious. Good choice of local produce and good range of wines. Enjoyed the whole experience.

Room Tip: If you like the sea and walking this is the place for you, very centralised.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have travelled from Australia and stayed for a few nights at Trelaske Hotel and it was amazing. I had driven from Chichester which is about a 5 hour drive and arrived a bit weary to an amazing welcome. Hazel is wonderful, as a solo traveller she made me feel so welcome, knew my name when I entered and looked after me the whole time I was there. Was full of advise on the area, tips and how to get around. The food was heaven. I was totally spoilt. Being a vegetarian it can be an issue sometimes, but not here, Ross's cooking was divine and I had the most amazing meals.
My room was so comfortable, warm, light and airy. The weather was a little cold, but I never felt that. My room was quiet and very clean, lovely soft bed with lots of pillows and I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud.
On my last day, I had to leave early and when I opened my door, there was a picnic breakfast packed for me from Hazel, with a little note saying that it was for the drive back. What an amazing surprise, totally unexpected and just a perfect example as to how well Hazel and Ross look after their guests. If I ever get back to the UK, I will have no hesitation in coming back again to stay and I have no hesitation in recommending Trelaske Hotel as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have just had a very relaxing four night stay at Trelaske. Hazel is a warm and welcoming host and Ross's cooking is superb. Hazel was always ready with tips and advice for making our trips around Cornwall extra special - she really is a fount of all knowledge.

Our room was light, comfortable and spacious and we liked the independence of having a garden room.

Hazel and Ross clearly work incredibly hard to keep standards high and they deserve every success.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed at Tralaske a couple of years ago and returned in early May this year. As others say, it was good to return and to be remembered by Hazel. We again stayed in Room 5 which is in an annexe only two minutes from the main hotel. Lovely spacious, recently refurbished room with no noise from the other three rooms. The food and service were excellent, lots of home grown fruit and vegetables. Ross is a skilled chef who makes every meal special. Don't be put off by having to order the evening meal in the morning, it means you have the freshest fish possible, caught locally by the Looe fishermen and there is a good selection of meat dishes too. We enjoyed anticipating our choice for the evening as we walked the coastal paths, lots of beautiful bays to explore, only a short drive from the hotel. Each of the vegetables come piping hot and are all cooked to absolute perfection. A good choice of home made sweets complete the meal. Even the morning croissants are home made and are perfect! If you are looking for a peaceful, comfortable hotel in beautiful surroundings, Tralaske ticks all the boxes. Hazel and Ross work tirelessly to make your visit unforgettable.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 5 in the annexe. Easy access from the car parking space and very quiet.
2  Thank 802BarbaraR
Reviewed 23 May 2014

we enjoyed our stay here and would come back here if we were in the area again. although we didn't eat in the hotel from the quality of the breakfast I would suggest it would be off a high standard. we never ate only due to the way you have to pre-order your food. our room was good, clean and spacious. the bathroom was slightly dated although was very clean and worked fine. I would not hesitate to recommend the place to stay and like most places it has its faults although these are minor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Looe
Talland Bay Hotel
#4 of 7 in Looe
Pencubitt House
Pencubitt House
#1 of 5 in Liskeard

Been to Trelaske Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!