“Lovely!”
Review of Catch

Catch
Ranked #4 of 18 Quick Bites in Looe
Price range: £1 - £25
Description: Catch Fish and Chip Shop is a popular eatery located in the picturesque fishing town of Looe in Cornwall, UK. The restaurant is situated on the seafront and offers stunning views of the harbor and the ocean. Catch is known for serving high-quality, sustainably sourced fish and chips that are cooked to order. We also offer a range of other dishes, such as scampi, pies, and burgers, as well as vegetarian options and gluten-free batter. This chippy has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, with both indoor and outdoor seating available. Catch has received positive reviews for our delicious food, excellent service, and commitment to sustainability, and is a must-visit for anyone looking to enjoy a classic British seaside meal in a beautiful location.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

All was lovely. The chips were golden brown, sausage was lightly battered, which I prefer as too much batter can be greasy. The curry sauce was good too! The wait for food was a bit long though.

Date of visit: April 2024

Reviewed 12 April 2024

Shame about the cooked wrotten potato chips.nearly every chip had a cooked written piece in it.
Took back the chips and told by the manager he didn't have control over the chips that were supplied to cook.

Date of visit: April 2024
Reviewed 24 March 2024

So I know things are tough but. I ordered a child's sausage and chips with curry sauce as I don't often eat big portions. Anyway 4.30 for child sausage and chips and £2 curry sauce. £6.30. Was it good value no. The chips were limp even the small ones no crisp to them at all. Pathetic. Sausage was of the very cheapest standard I know this as my old man ran a chippy and ordered his frozen from t quality. Curry sauce just sweet. Server well I've seen people that have been in a hospital bed for a month with more smile. Totally miserable obviously didn't want to be there. Silent vibe. No customer service. I would definately not recommend this place they talk a good game but delivery rubbish. Sorry guys but this is my experience. Eek wish it wasn't. Harsh but I think you are relying on tourists who don't know any different. Without them you'd just close.

Reviewed 22 March 2024

In my home town we have a chip shop that has won the best chippy in the UK 3 times, but I have to say Catch is even better. My partner is gluten intolerant and quite often has to settle for substandard fish and chips. Not here she didn’t. We both enjoyed the meaty, moist fish. The batter wasn’t overbearing. The chips were equally on par. I would 100% recommend, whether you are celiac or not. This plaice is a must. (See what I did there. lol)

Reviewed 17 March 2024

Very young assistant addressed me as "my darling", in a loud, over familiar manner, about 3 times, which I found patronising and embarrassing.
We ordered cod chips and mushy peas to eat in, Only available table was in a dim corner opposite the toilet. The floor was scattered with dropped food, which, was a hazardous for me to negotiate as I walk with a stick.
The table was sticky and I attempted to clean it with a personal hand wipe. The dirt on the wipe was grime build up where tables haven't been regularly scrubbed down.
On request the assistant spray cleaned the table. She said they were very busy throughout the day and she clearly didn't like it when I pointed out the difference between a sticky surface and an unhygienic, long term grimy health hazard. I was no longer her darling! Especially when I said that I hoped it was not a reflection on the behind the counter cleanliness and hygiene?
After she had spray cleaned it, it was still not clean. We put a little vinegar on a patch and the attached photo demonstrates the disgusting result mopped up with a paper serviette!
The food arrived and was not up the standards we expected, based on our previous visits as local people. My cod was tasteless, dry and overcooked, our mushy peas were a weird looking dark green, dry, congealed and definitely not mushy! Uneaten fish was taken home for the dogs.
Whilst eating what we could salvage (my Husband's fish was ok and so were the chips), I looked up a few times, to find the assistant and her even younger colleague looking directly at me gossiping. She looked away as I looked up, but the gossip was clearly about me!
We spent £26 last night for two portions of substandard food from a disgusting table, surrounded by debris on the floor, served by rude staff who couldn't be bothered to keep the surroundings hygienic and healthy. I would never recommend or go there again. Waste of time, money and the fee fir the carpark.