“Well worth a visit”
Review of Island View Cafe

Island View Cafe
Ranked #3 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Looe
Description: A pretty little cafe right on the South Coast of Cornwall near Looe. Strangely omitted from the 'restaurant' category on TripAdvisor. Breakfast butties, lunches, daily specials and hearty sandwiches. Famous for Crab sandwiches, salads and chips, generous cream teas and homemade cakes. All served on beautiful vintage china in a beautiful setting with a very nice view.
Reviewed 18 August 2021

I went to the café with my husband on our Wedding Anniversary as I love Looe and we live locally.
A very warm welcome at the steps, quickly seated and told that the food would take a little while to arrive. There is a wait but very much worth it and the views are to be enjoyed whilst waiting. I had a lovely vegan wrap and an amazing bit of courgette an avocado cake. My husband had a panini followed by a complimentary bit of chocolate brownie for his anniversary! All lovely served with a side salad, oh and extra side of chips which were 'proper' chips. Coffees and elderflower drinks to boot and we left as full as tics, but very happy.
This is a nice place to get out of busy East Looe and you can walk 3 miles along the coast path to Talan Bay before of after too.

Reviewed 17 August 2021

What can I say about this place we always make a trip over when staying in looe the whole place is kept so clean staff friendly and the food is always loverly some of the comments are so out of order never had a bad experience always first classs

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 15 August 2021

This is to the two ladies & their dogs from Plymouth! Please stay over the bridge where you belong! This is the most relaxing, friendliness place to go to in Looe. All the staff are very helpful & lovely. They spoil my dog rotten when we go there & he always has to have his doggie ice cream. The lady @ the front always has doggie biscuits in her pocket for when she greats you. How anyone can say that she is a snob & their a dog hater is unbelievable to me! As for allowing a dog to bite another dog, well all I can say is, was it her dog? No! Was the dog her Responsibility? No! If people can not control their dogs then that’s their negligence NOT the staff’s. I for one am very pleased that non of the staff are going anywhere & definitely Not retiring. You all carry on doing the great Job that you do & serving up delicious food. See you all soon ❤️

Reviewed 13 August 2021 via mobile

Really lovely little cafe with fantastic views over to Looe Island. Service was a little slow but my bacon sandwich was exceptional and the staff were very polite and helpful.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

First of all I'm disgusted the woman that was giving people tables was extremely rude and she even let someone kick our dog we had been waiting quite a long time and as we stepped down the steps a table became available but another woman was starting to q and the woman that was giving people tables gave her the free table and she knew how long we were waiting. I think this is absolutely disgusting I'd never go there again.

Date of visit: August 2021
Islandview C, Owner at Island View Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Spoilt your day?! You spoilt my day by incessantly complaining on every platform possible, trying your best to ruin my business.
Let's start at the beginning when you walked in our exit where in big red letters it says "No Entry". You then had an argument with some customers who were already sat down... I think this is probably where the "we let someone kick your dog " thing comes from... which is probably the one of the most ridiculous complaints I have ever heard. I will be using this one at dinner parties and down the pub for certain.
Anyway, I digress.... we were full to the brim, every table we have was full (btw we can seat over 100 people), so people had to wait to get a seat. You gave up waiting and said that you were going elsewhere and walked away. Simultaneously a table became free and we gave it to the next people in the queue because you had left. It's as simple as that.
It is clear that your impatience got the better of you and rather than accept that and face it, you are directing your anger towards us. She wasn't rude, you just didn't like the outcome of the situation that you made.
Please be true to your word and never come back.