“Lovely in Looe”

Fishermans Arms
Ranked #24 of 91 Restaurants in Looe
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 18 March 2024

Was a fab evening for New Years Eve.Great music to dance to.The staff were very busy but always friendly and smiling.A great place to be.

Date of visit: December 2023

Reviewed 28 September 2023

this is a proper pub, not too big and with great beer. we stopped for drinks a few times and each time was as good as the last. the beer is well kept.
i had a fair few pints of tribute and it was top draw

Date of visit: September 2023
Reviewed 14 September 2023 via mobile

If you like a generic “trendy” bar, then this is not the place for you.

On the other hand, if you like a good old fashioned pub where the staff have as much character as the bar itself - then you will love The Fishermans Arms.

A cosy pub with a great atmosphere, welcoming staff, dog friendly, and a wide array of drinks. Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: September 2023
Reviewed 22 August 2023 via mobile

I’m such a snob I know, but I was initially really disappointed by Looe - a pretty coastal Cornish village swamped by too many over-sized tattooed tourists - but the village wholly redeemed by my sheer good luck of dropping into the Fisherman’s Arms; over a quiet pint in the beer garden I was regaled by stories of various musical acts known or witnessed by the afternoon’s singing entertainer (a Cornish local chap in his late 40s) as he warmed his vocal chords with a beer…
I decamped to the bar - right next to our singer and spent some of the best 2 hours listening to the greatest hits (Elton John, Prince etc) of the 70s and 80s whilst locals danced and pranced and had a grand old time; attentive service kept me topped up with tribute, so when my day was done, I sailed up the hill to my accommodation with EJs ‘I guess that’s why they call it the blues’ repeating in my head for the next 48 hours; a fabulous afternoon in the end after a shaky start - I doff my cap to The Fisherman’s

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 2 July 2023

We visited there on our last night Quiz night have not laughed so much in ages welcome fun great atmosphere ,Landlady was a superstar so funny Thank you

Date of visit: June 2023