“A great place to enjoy fine food Mousehole” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 2 Fore Street

2 Fore Street
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Mousehole
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Hertford, United Kingdom
“A great place to enjoy fine food Mousehole”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Our favourite restaurant in a lovely location overlooking Mousehole’s harbour and near the harbour beach or rock pools. Serving fresh Cornish seafood (and meat dishes), a very friendly and popular modern restaurant. With small garden out the back for a chilled out lunch in the sun.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank phobson_13

Penzance, United Kingdom
“Valentine's day lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

A friend and I had walked from Penzance to Mousehole and were in search of a light lunch. To be honest, I think we'd forgotten by lunchtime that it was Valentine's day so were somewhat surprised that the restaurant was quite full of couples. However there were 3 tables for two vacant so we were lucky. Even though I am fairly local I had not visited this restaurant before, though I had heard good things about it.

We ordered a glass of house Chardonnay each and it had a surprising depth of flavour with a rich satisfying after taste, not at all flabby or over oaked as some house chardonnays can be. We were given a lunch menu and pointed to the specials on the blackboard. We both chose the Smoked Haddock Croquettes @ £7.50 from the specials board. These came with a small rocket salad and were absolutely delicious, with a rich creamy centre and crispy outside. My only criticism was that they were not very filling, but then again they were supposed to be a starter. Had we have realised how light they were we might have ordered a side of fries or perhaps some of the delicious looking bread we could see being served. We then had a very nice Cappucino each to round off the meal.

The atmosphere was great, luckily it was a beautiful sunny day and my friend really appreciated sitting with a view of Mousehole harbour in the sun. Service was prompt, efficient and friendly. Decor is light, bright and airy. I think in the evenings, or for a longer lunch this could be a "special occasion" place for my husband and I.

Would definitely recommend to people and will very definitely visit again.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank PattiP_01
Scotland
“Always excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

We had an evening meal here back in October for our wedding anniversary, we had eaten here before so didn't hesitate to go back again. The meal, service and atmosphere were all great. We will definitely be back!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank 25sm
Liverpool
“Great weekend brunch menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Whilst enjoying my seventh Christmas break in Mousehole, I noted the brunch menu at this restaurant.

It was a fantastic experience, despite the worries of potential flooding, to sit with a harbour view whilst enjoying some delicious food. For once, there was something for everyone in my family to enjoy. The spinach omelette was exquisite, the sausage barm a meal in itself and, the sharpest critic of all, six-year old John, enjoyed a toast and jam feast, consisting of a plateful of tasty and crisp fingers (which Mum helped him out with,) liberally buttered with the best of everything. Furthermore, the drinks were wonderfully presented, a full-bodied mocha and, as always, thank God for a good tea pot, not a tatty paper cup with teabag.

The bill was very reasonable, many thanks to all concerned.

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“The Mackerel Chef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

The chef at this restaurant is amazing. Every time I go to Mousehole, I book a table here. Get the mackerel if it is on the menu (fishing seasons permitting), it is always a dream.

Visited December 2012