“Bad attitude ”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Mousehole
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Cafe was pleasant as we're MOST of staff , however waited 15 mins for cheese panini , and refused use of toilet ,obviously not spending enough in his cafe ,will not waste any more time or money there .

1  Thank Suzanne B

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We have been today, with our two grandchildren, we drove from Krugger in the heat, as my OH had been told that they served GF food and he knew I was desperate for Cream Tea.

We sat outside in the garden/yard in the shade.

I love the fact that they have lots of GF food on the same menu as all the other options..I actually managed to get a GF Cream Tea while my OH had his very own Cream Tea, lots of Stawberry Jam and Cornish Cream both Crea, Teas came served on wonderful Cornish Blue plates and with a smile from the lovely young waitress.The scones were wonderful and not dry- if you are GF you tend to find that most things,espcially cakes tend to be a tad 'dry'. But not these scones, they were very yummy and warm :) !

My grandchildren both chose to have icream Sundaes, 'taylored' to their very own taste.. my 13 yr old grand'daughter is very 'particluar', but nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They were a good size and came with all the bits and bobs they asked for.

1  Thank Shullie
ijnoble, Owner at Jessie's Dairy, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Really glad you enjoyed the Cream teas and sundaes especially the gluten free. We have tried to increase the gluten free menu and its nice to know its paying off.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stopped at Jessie's Dairy for lunch and had a cream tea which was lovely, sat in the nice outside seating area. Service was good, and came back to try the interesting ice cream flavours the next day. Would recommend the place. BUT wondering why the owner has written something quite rude on a good review below, and am slightly put off by the response to the review below that. Not a good way to attract customers in my view.

ijnoble, Owner at Jessie's Dairy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

I have apologised to the review writer who had a negative response from us, it was meant for a rather nasty review which is now no longer on our page. I still maintain it is better to complain in person rather on Trip Advisor so we are given the chance to deal with the problem. Thank you for your positive review of the cafe

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We called in here on a day trip to mousehole and weren't disappointed. My girls and wife d an ice cream each which they all really enjoyed, I had to have a pasty as I had one everywhere we visited. For me the best pasty I had all week. Nice big chunks of meat and veg, beautiful.
The staff were nice and pleasant and though we took our goodies outside its a lovely looking place.
The ice cream is a little more expensive than a "99" but it's much better quality so don't mind that.
We will definitely be calling again when we visit next year.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The place looked quaint fitting with Mousehole ! Looks the part! All I will say is avoid the pasties!
Not a good experience !

4  Thank DianeT533
ijnoble, Owner at Jessie's Dairy, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

If you had complained while you were still in the cafe we could have asked exactly what you thought was wrong and maybe done something about it. It is very difficult to sort a problem out after the event. Fortunately the next reviewer thinks they are great. We can't please everyone whoever hard we might try.