“Waste of money”

Cuisines: British
Susan Weckbaugh
“Waste of money”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The pizza was average at best but way overpriced. The gentleman serving us seemed rather unfriendly, as if we were bothering him. Mousehole is such a lovely town and one of the unspoiled-by-tourists places in Cornwall, so I was hoping for a better memory.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Suporto

“Overpriced and bad quality - huge let down”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

As regular visitors to Mousehole we thought we would try somewhere new for lunch. Well this was a mistake. Being fooled by the quaint decor and pleasant garden, we went in and were shocked at the prices of the food, but decided to go ahead. We ordered a 9" pepperoni pizza to share at just under £10 and a portion of potato wedges coming in at a ridiculous £5.75. Well to say the least I have had many better frozen supermarket pizzas. Bland, tasteless and doughy with approx 3 pieces of pepperoni. Average oily wedges. Certainly not worth the money and definitely will not be coming back. As previous reviewer said - wish we had looked at reviews! To top it all off, we were refused a jug of tap water with our lemonades and charged for one glass. There was also no toilet roll in either male or female toilets - maybe they charge for that too? A big shame.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Rachelc1912
Llangennech
“What a let down”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We've walked past this place many times and though, oh that looks nice, so when the opportunity presented itself we took an outside table to watch the world go by.

You get the impression that they think they are doing you a favour by serving you. We ordered 2 meat feast pizza and 2 cokes.

The cokes were brought out un chilled, and our meat feast pizzas were brought out some 10 mins later but appeared to be rather lacking in the meat department.

£25 that cost us.

But then they don't have to bother as there are so many tourists that visit Mousehole.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank wannabepikey
St Ives, United Kingdom
“Wish I'd read previous reviews!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

As the title says, i wish i'd read the other comments first! My husband and I, after a very considerable wait, ordered two rather costly cream teas. These were brought over to us by a rather rude member of staff who responded to our request of a glass of tap water as 'it'll cost you'
Much better places to visit in mousehole.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Shelly O
Bicester, England, United Kingdom
“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I visited Moushole on a tour of the south coast, the town was lovely so myself and my friends decided to stop and have lunch. From the outside the restaurant looks very quaint which is what drew us in. Upon arrival we noticed there was only one table that would seat 6, to conserve room it had been pushed up against the wall. We pulled this out and sat down, promptly after a window table became available with a sea view so we moved. During this time we still hadn't ordered any food, once we sat down I assumed it was the owner who came over to us; was quite rude and told us to not move the tables around and to put them back the way we found them. We are all in our early 30's so was quite taken back after being treated like children...after all there were six of us did he not want our business? We should have left at that point... but we stayed and ordered food, I had soup which I'm sure came from a can and some stale bread, we won't be returning! The only plus I can say is that I enjoyed looking at the art on all the walls in the Cafe.

• Visited June 2014