Hotel Sunnyside Newquay
US$198
Carnmarth Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Breakfast included
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$194
  • Breakfast included
US$117
Great 4.5/5
Great Western Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$76
  • Restaurant
US$52
US$48
Priceline
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Best Western Hotel Bristol(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$79
  • Restaurant
US$79
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsbudget hotelstag doone way systemsurf schoolbrilliant locationnight porterbank holidaycomfortable roomsthree nightssea viewbunksurfingstagshenssurfers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Im writing this from the bus on the way home from a fab weekend in Newquay.
I booked the hotel for 19 of us a few months back and I'm glad we picked this hotel.
The staff replied very quickly to all emails and questions I had. They made organising tour much easier and stress free.
when we arrived at the hotel we were welcomed by Sandy who was great to us all weekend and even joined in with our kangaroo court in the bar on the Saturday night. The staff behind the bar were also very polite to us.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's going to Newquay and don't want to pay over the odds. We will choose this hotel again if we visit newquay in the future.
Cwmffrwdoer FC

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank steffancl
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I organised a school rugby tour to Newquay. It was exactly what we needed, budget accomodation, a decent games room, good food (all meals) and excellent staff. The boys commented on how comfortable the beds were, and said they cannot wait to go again. The rooms are not huge, but who goes to Newquay to stay inside?! The staff were probably the strength of the hotel, they were very welcoming and were very accomodating. The wifi was not great, but gave an excuse to do no work whiole away, so added to my positive opinion of the place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Had a pleasure to stay at Hotel Sunnyside Newquay with my wife and 3 children and couldn't ask for more then what we received. First of all the rates were cheapest in the area and location was stunning. The staff and especially the manageress Sandy was exceptional. I would strongly recommend anyone who is planning to visit Newquay please check their website or just call the their friendly team a call I am sure you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Shak S
Reviewed 6 May 2014

First impressions weren't great; the hotel was boiling hot and the windows hardly opened, felt like we couldn't escape the heat. We were a large group and we had all booked together under one name, although our rooms were spread out across the whole hotel. The shower rooms were extremely cramped but I guess thats beyond control as you can only work with what you've got. Towards the end of our stay the staff seemed to warm up to us a bit more than on our arrival which resulted in a more pleasant stay. The breakfast came out quickly and was enjoyable, the waiting staff were extremely friendly.

I personally wouldn't pay more than £20 a night for this hotel and I was shocked that the wifi asks you to use your own mobile data in order to hold a steady connection (which subsequently used more mobile data holding the connection steady).

Hotel is great for stag weekends, weekend away with friends. I wouldn't recommend the place for families, although the staff might place families in a more quiet area of the hotel. As I was woken up a few times by a rowdy stag do on the last night (but they were dealt with by security promptly!)

Room Tip: If you're going as a couple, ask for a double room or you'll end up with bunk beds! Ask for a quieter area of the hotel if you do not want to be disturbed
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Abi C
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night over Easter as camping got too cold!

We booked the room last minute through booking.com and we couldn't knock the price. £30 (guessing this was a late deal price) for a room overlooking the beach. We did have to pay a £30 deposit which I'm still waiting to be returned but after ringing the hotel (the girl on the phone was very helpful) its winging its way back to me.

Although most things are at extra cost (towels, wifi, breakfast) this wasnt in issue. There is a small bath mat/towel which can be used and there's the cleanest wetherspoons I've ever seen round the corner that does brekkie til 12.

The room was clean, there was 4, yes 4 pillows on the bed instead of the usual 2 and the decor wasn't drab.

The only thing I would say is that a 10 am checkout is a wee bit early but I like my bed :P

All in all, a good stay...

Room Tip: Sea front Room!!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Faerycakes
ssh57, General Manager at Hotel Sunnyside Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Hi Faerycakes!

Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate your comments on our clean rooms and for noticing the pillow allocation. We hold the cleanliness and comfort of our beds and guest rooms in the very highest regard.

We do offer a late check-out for a small fee, however, we note your thoughts on the standard check-out time.

We hope the security bond issue was resolved without any further delay. For clarity for other readers, the process actually holds funds, as opposed to debiting. This time process does vary from card issuer to card issuer, unfortunately. We cancel all bonds on departure at our end.

Thank you again for taking the time to submit a review. We hope to see you again very soon!