“Fantastic budget hotel”

Hotel Sunnyside Newquay
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed at the hotel along with 2 of my friends for 6 nights while we were in Newquay on holiday.

The staff are extremely friendly, the hotel is clean and very affordable and to top things off you we had a TV in our room!

The location is fantastic and is literally bang in the middle of the town center, 30 second walk to the shops,clubs and beaches, if that.

Along with the rooms being kept clean there is a nice lounge area with a bar pool tables and games machines where you can often meet other guests.

10/10 would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Chasslaargh, Manager at Hotel Sunnyside Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Many thanks for your kind words! So glad you had a great time here in Newquay.
Hope you can quickly think of another reason to escape and have a good time with us again!

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I had already entered a review which I am no retracting after a call from the hotel this morning. Lovely staff especially the blonde haired reception lady. It's a in my view a good hotel to stay at if u were in group parties but not for a couple with a child purely cause of noise level over night but is to be expected with pubs and clubs I guess.was not happy with the cleanliness of our room as what looked like drink spillage that over time of not being cleaned has gathered further dirt/grime on the walls would have expected this as standard to have been cleaned as it's a noticeable thing to the eye. However after my first review about this I had a call from the hotel to apologise for this and that they contacted the cleaner straight away in question (think rooms should be checked by a higher authority after cleaners perhaps) we have been told it that we could have reported it whilst there and yes we should have. We have also been told it would be made up to us if we r in the area again but wasn't told how but a polite phone call and sorted with ease

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Michelle B
Chasslaargh, Manager at Hotel Sunnyside Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Hi Michelle,
Really appreciate your understanding and the honesty of your review.
I think I have to agree that Newquay in general is more of a young persons venue - particularly at the weekend.
I can only add my apologies for the staining on the wall. We are looking at ways to make our checking process more robust to avoid this happening again.
I will make sure your kind words are passed on to Aimee on reception.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for a girls weekend break in June. Bearing in mind we were looking for the cheapest thing avaliable, Sunnyside was a nice surprise. I think the rate worked out at £18 a night per person. My family runs a small B&B and I honeslty dont know how they do rooms for that kind of price but my friends and I were just glad they did. The reception was light and modern, the staff were cheerful, helpful and understanding and the location was just brilliant. Right between the town centre and the beautiful beach, with parking all along the road by the large picnic area. Perfect. We booked a family room, at the lowest rate possible which meant two very purple bunks (very purple but also comfy and clean) and a small shower room. The room was small but it did the job, and if I ever stay in Newquay again but want something a bit more than just a base to sleep I'd have a look at their rooms with higher rates because the location was so perfect It'd be a shame to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Chasslaargh, Manager at Hotel Sunnyside Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thanks Merryhall,

We all need a break now and again and I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations. We do aim to be budget and no frills but, what we do do we aim to do really well. If you want the extras we can provide them at a very low price.
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel clean great staff. Sand Eel was great big Ron was great. Would stay again rooms were basic as expected. Only 1 thing I would have liked 2 pillows not 1 bar was good and prices were reasonable. Newquay was a good place to visit. Yomp Yomp.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks Paul,

I will make sure your kind words get passed on to Sand Eel and Big Ron.
If you come again just ask for another pillow and we'll be happy to oblige.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed as a solo traveller, it has a central location but is just off the main drag so no traffic noise! Check in easy and lovely staff. Pleasantly surprised with a bright sea view room, spotlessly clean (I work in a guest house so I know !) . Great value and I would stay again. Nice and close to bus station, decent coffee and the best fish and chips I've had for a while from a little restaurant near the harbour.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ballyheen

Thanks Ballyheen,

Especially pleasing to get a good review from someone in the trade!
Mmmmmmm fish and chips - will have to try that restaurant.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Have stayed here 3 years in a row now, and booked up for in a couple of weeks.
Staff are always welcoming and very friendly.
Have stayed in a bunk room, normal twin room and a sea view room, all have been spotlessly clean.
I like the option of paying for what you need especially if travelling on a budget.
The location could not be better and is within walking distance of everything needed in Newquay.
Parking is limited, however I have never not been able to park on the street outside every year I have visited.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks Allie,

We know we are getting it right when people come back!
I will make sure our housekeeping staff hear the praise for the cleanliness.
See you soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a 2 night break, booked off booking.com paid £70 per night for a double room. Read the reviews on here before we arrived and came with an open mind.
I have to say we both thought the location was perfect as soon as we arrived. Check in was smooth and very welcoming staff were very friendly. Our room was basic but very clean, after all it's a budget hotel and we were barely in the room! We paid for parking at the hotel £3 per day I thought this was exceptional value for the area and it was nice to have our space reserved just for us. We received and READ the emails prior to our arrival therefore knew that towels were extra and breakfast and wifi etc so we brought our own towels. I find it strange that some of the past reviews have complained about this as its all there in there email! And as for complaining about the seagulls keeping them awake, hello your on the coast!! Ha.... That's like buying a house next to a church then complaining about the noise of the bells!!!
Location excellent, Parking excellent value excellent will definitely return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks Bagpuss,

Really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Especially glad to see the emails were helpful. We have tried speaking to the seagulls about the noise but they just shout back at us!!

See you again soon.